E4B L12 Unit 14 Have you ever? Jess Lin P.1
- A. Warm-up Questions
- What’s the most beautiful country in the world? I think Taiwan is the most beautiful country in the world.
- Which country do you think it the most dangerous? I’m not so sure. The United States seems very dangerous to me because it’s legal for people own guns.
- Which country has the best food? Of course Taiwan has the best food.
- Which country has the most handsome men? I guess Italy has the most handsome men.
- Which country has the most beautiful women? In my opinion, Japan has the most beautiful women.
- Which country would you like to visit? Why? I would like to visit French because I heard it’s a very romantic country.
A: Which country’s flag is this?
B: I think it’s Thailand’s flag.
A: Have you ever been to Thailand?
for yes B: Yes, I’ve been to Thailand.
A: What’s Thailand like?
B: It’s a shopping heaven and the water activities were great!
for no B: No, I haven’t been to Thailand.
A: Would you like to visit Thailand someday?
B: Yes, I’d like to visit Thailand. It’s an interesting country.
No, I wouldn’t like to visit Thailand. It’s too hot for me.
C. for, since
I have taught English for ten years.
Julie has lived in New York since 1995. (since she was five.)
for + a period of time一段時間 (five hours, ten days, a week, a long time)
since + a time spot一個時間點(9.00, this morning, last month, five days ago)
E4B L12 Unit 14 Have you ever? Jess Lin P.2
D. Continents and Countries
比較這三個句子 I go to Japan on business every month.
I went to Japan last month.
I have been to Japan twice.
一、現在簡單式主要用來表達事實跟習慣。所以第一句”我每個月去日本出差”是一個習慣，要用簡單式，句型是 S + V1（動詞原型）
二、過去簡單式表示過去某個特定時間發生的事或動作，所以第二句”我上個月去日本”是過去發生的單一事件，用過去式，句型是 S + V2 (動詞過去式)
三、現在完成式可用來表達經驗，表示從過去到現在曾經(或未曾)做過某件事，強調的經驗，而非動作發生時間。句型為 S + have + V3 (動詞過去分詞)
F. already, yet, and just
Have you eaten lunch yet?
Yes, I’ve already eaten lunch. I just ate lunch before I came here.
No, I haven’t eaten lunch yet.
E4B American Headway 1 L12 Unit 14 Have you ever? Jess Lin P.3
G. 現在完成式 Present Perfect
1. 英文用現在完成式用來表達過去曾經發生（或未發生）在不確定時間的事件。重要的是經驗或該事件與現在的關係，時間並不重要。多與ever, never, already, yet, still, just 等副詞連用。
I have moved to a new apartment.
She has never seen snow.
常與次數(times), since, so far…等副詞連用。
I have met many nice people since I came to Taiwan.
He has been to Japan three times.
I have taught English for ten years.
Jack has lived in New York since he was five.
肯定句句型為S ＋ have/has + V3 (V3指的是動詞的第三態，過去分詞)
肯定句 S ＋ have/has + V3
I have seen the movie.
My mother has been to Canada.
否定句 S ＋ have/has not + V3
They have not seen the movie.
He has not been to Canada.
Have/Has ＋ S ＋ V
Have you seen the movie?
Has Tom been to Canada?
WH have/has ＋ S ＋ V3
Where have you been?
How long has May studied English?
三、現在簡單式的副詞如：never, ever, already, yet, so far, lately, this week, recently, these days, for, since…等。
E4B American Headway 1 L12 Unit 14 Have you ever? Jess Lin P.4
|1. be 是
2. buy 買
3. come 來
4. do 做
5. drink 喝
6. drive 開車
7. eat 吃
8. find 找
9. fly 飛
11. get 拿
12. give 給
13. go 去
14. have 有
15. know 知道
16. leave 離開
17. lose 輸，遺失
18. make 做
19. meet 碰面
21. read 閱讀
22. ride 騎
23. run 跑
24. see 看
25. sell 賣
26. sing 唱歌
27. sit 坐
28. sleep 睡
29. speak 說
30. spend 花費
31. swim 游泳
32. take 拿
33. think 想
34. wear 穿
35. win 贏
36. write 寫
E4B L12 Unit 14 Have you ever? Jess Lin P.5
H. Present Perfect Questions
1. Have you eaten dinner/lunch/breakfast? What did you eat?
Yes, I have eaten dinner. I had beef noodles.
2. Have you ever lost anything important? What did you lose?
Yes, I’ve lost something important. I’ve lost my wallet.
3. Have you ever bought your mother a gift? What did you buy?
Yes, I’ve bought my mother a gift. I bought her a necklace.
4. Have you ever won a lottery? How much did you win?
Yes, I have. I won around five hundred dollars.
5. Have you ever had a pet? What did you have? Yes, I have had a pet. I had two dogs and a fish when I was in elementary school.
6. Have you ever rented a car or a bike? Where did you rent it?
Yes, I’ve rented a car many times. I rented it in Tamsui.
7. Have you taken a trip to Green Island? When did you go there?
Yes, I’ve taken a trip to Green Island. I went there in 1998.
8. Have you ever eaten Thai food? How did you like it?
Yes, I’ve eaten Thai food. I love it.
9. Have you ever seen a Japanese movie? How did you like it?
Yes, I’ve seen many Japanese movies. I like some of them, not all.
10. Have you ever made someone cry? What happened? Yes, I’ve made someone cry. My ex-boyfriend cried when I told him I wanted to break up with him.
11. Have you ever done a stranger a favor? What did you do?
Yes, I’ve done a stranger a favor. I told him the directions.
12. Have you ever had red wine? How did you like it? Yes, I’ve had red wine, white wine, and sparkling wine. I don’t like red wine. I like sparkling wine better.
13. Have you bought anything at 7-11 today? What did you buy?
Yes, I’ve bought something at 7-11 today. I bought a drink and a sandwich.
14. Have you seen a movie this month? What did you see?
No, I haven’t seen a movie this month. I have been very busy.
15. Have you ever been to a wedding? Whose wedding was it? Yes, I’ve been to many weddings. I went to my friends’, coworkers’, and relatives’ weddings.
16. How long have you had your current hair style?
I’ve had this hair style for more than one year.
17. How long have you lived in Taipei? I’ve lived in Taipei since I was born.
18. How long have you studied in this school? I’ve studied here for 6 months.
19. How long have you known your best friend? I’ve known her since college.
20. How have you felt this week? I’ve felt down because I don’t like rainy days.
E4B L12 Unit 14 Have you ever? Jess Lin P.6
1. 用現在完成式來表達生活中的經驗。 Have you ever been to Japan?
2. 用過去簡單式來說明某件事發生確切時間。I went to Japan last year.
Have you ever been to Korea ? Yes, I’ve been to Korea.
When did you go there? I went there last July.
Who did you go there with? I went there with my family.
How long were you there? I was there for five days.
A: _______ you ever _________ anyone famous? (meet)
B: Yes, I ______, actually. When I ______ in Mexico on vacation. (be)
A: Really? Who _____ you ______ ? (meet)
B: Michael Jackson. He _____ in the same restaurant as me. (be)
A: ________ you ever ________ a diary? (write)
B: Yes, I _______. I _______ one when I was a teenager. (write)
A: ________ you ________ it every day? (write)
B: No, I _________. Only when I ______ on holiday. (be)
A: ________ you ever _______ to France? (go)
B: Yes, I _______. I _______ there six years ago. (go)
A: Where ______ you _______ ? (stay)
B: I _______ an apartment near Bordeaux. (rent)
A: ______ your mother ever _____ to a rock concert? (go)
B: Yes, she _____. She _______to one or two when she was young. (go)
A: Who _____ she _______? (see)
B: Well, I know she _____ David Bowie before he ______famous. (see,
A: ______ you ever _____ to play an instrument? (learn)
B: No, I ________. What about you?
A: Well, I _____ to learn the piano at school. (try)
B: ______ you any good? (be)
A: No, I ______ no idea what I was doing! (have)
E4B L12 Unit 14 Have you ever? Jess Lin P.7
J. Useful Expressions
1. Whose is it? 這是誰的東西？
A: I found a watch.
B: Whose is it?
2. When are you paying me back? 你什麼時候還我錢？
A: When are you paying me back?
B: I am sorry. My budget is still tight.
3. Talk to you later. 待會兒再跟你談
A: The meeting will be held in three more minutes.
B: OK. I will talk to you later then.
4. It’s really interesting. 太有趣了
A: This book is really interesting. I have already read it twice.
B: What is the title of the book?
5. It stinks. 好臭！
A: Who farted? It stinks!
B: Not me.
6. I didn’t notice. 我沒注意
A: Was that Tim who just passed us?
B: I didn’t notice.
7. Awesome 讚
A: You look awesome in that purple shirt.
B: Really? Thank you!
8. Nobody knows. / Who knows? 沒人知道（答案）/ 誰知道？
A: Who did it?
B: Nobody knows.
9. That’s fine with me. 我沒意見
A: What do you think of this?
B: That’s fine with me.
10. I am too fat. 我太胖了
A: Want some more cakes?
B: No, thanks. I am too fat.
E4B L12 Unit 14 Have you ever? Jess Lin P.8
K.At the airport
1. departure lounge 候機室2. board the plane 登機 3. cart 手推車
4. luggage 行李 5. arrive 抵達 6. check in 登記 7. boarding pass 登機證
8. monitor 螢幕 9. gate 登機門 10. flight number 航班號碼
11. destination 目的地 12. remarks 附註 13. on time 準時 14. delayed 延遲 15. now boarding 登機中 16. standby 準備中 17. announcement 廣播
18. carry-on luggage 手提行李 19. suitcase 行李箱
20. aisle seat/window seat 走廊位置/窗戶位置
1. immigration officer 移民局官員 2. ma’am=madam 女士
3. purpose 目的 4. conference 會議 5. colleague 同事
6. San Francisco 舊金山 A: Immigration Officer B: Traveler
A: Good evening, ma’am/sir.
B: Good evening.
A: Where are you arriving from?
B: From London.
A: What’s the purpose of your visit?
B: Business. I’m here for a conference.
A: How long are you staying in the US?
B: A week.
A: Where are you staying?
B: In San Francisco. At the Pacific View Hotel.
A: Do you know anybody here?
B: Yes, Mark Ryder.
A: Is he family or a friend?
B: He’s a colleague – and a friend.
A: Do you have his phone number?
B: Yes, his mobile is 405-655-7182.
A: Is this your first visit to the US?
B: Yes, it is.
A: Enjoy your stay in San Francisco.
B: Thank you.