E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.1
|可數不可數名詞，like/would like，a/some, some/any, much/many|
A. Warm-up Questions
- How was your day? / How was your week?It’s pretty good. / It’s O.K. / It’s terrible.
- What kind of food do you like? I like Italian food, like pasta and pizza.
- How often do you eat in restaurants? I eat in restaurants at least once a week. I like to try different restaurants.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant? Where is it? Why do you like it? Yes, Bellini is my favorite. There’s one near Taipei Main Station, next to McDonald’s. The food is good, the price is reasonable, and the service is excellent.
- Which restaurants don’t you recommend? Why not?I wouldn’t recommend Pasta Pasta. We went there last week. The service was very slow. The food was cold. And it was very expensive. A set meal was $900 and I don’t think it’s worth it.
The restaurant was good/terrible.
The service was excellent/slow.
The servers were friendly/unfriendly.
The meal was delicious/awful.
The food was tasty/tasteless.
The potatoes were hot/cold.
B. Favorite food
A: What’s your favorite fruit/vegetable/meat/drink/dessert/snack?
B: I like mangoes/water spinach/beef/beer/brownies/sweet and sour pork
E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.2
C. Count and noncount nouns可數與不可數名詞
|可數count nouns||不可數noncount nouns|
a lot of coffee
a lot of books
1. 可數名詞 （count nouns）顧名思義就是可以數有幾個數量。只有一個的時候稱做單數 (singular)，前面一定要加冠詞如 a, the, this, my等。兩個以上時叫做複數 (plural)，名詞後面一定要加s。複數時可以加數量詞如two, three等，也可以用some, a lot of 或many。
可數名詞問數量時要說how many +複數名詞
A: How many eggs are there?
B: There’s an egg. / There are three eggs. / There are some eggs.
There are a lot of eggs. / There aren’t many eggs. / There aren’t any eggs.
A: Are there any eggs?
B: Yes, there’s an egg. / Yes, there are some eggs. / Yes, there are five eggs.
No, there aren’t any eggs.
2. 不可數名詞 (noncount nouns) 可能是液體、氣體、粒狀、粉狀或抽象概念等名詞，難以一一計算。不可數名詞沒有複數，永遠都是單數表達方式，但是前面不可以加a或其他數量詞，不會有複數表達，所以後面不可以加s。可以用some, a lot of或much來表達量。不可數名詞詢問數量的時候都要用how much，名詞不可加s。如How much money do you have in your wallet? 不可數名詞要表達數量時也可以用容器來數，例如a bottle of water, a glass of wine。
A: How much coffee is there?
B: There’s some coffee. / There’s a lot of coffee.
There isn’t much coffee. / There isn’t any coffee.
A: Is there any coffee?
B: Yes, there is some coffee. / Yes, there is a lot of coffee.
No, there isn’t any coffee.
some (+) any (–, ?) 在英文一般肯定句用some，否定句跟疑問句用any。但是在要求別人做某件事或詢問、提供對方東西時都會用some來造問句。如Would you like some cookies?有一說法是當你希望對方說yes的時候就用some，例如說Can you lend me some money?
E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.3
D. I’d like / I like
I’d like … 跟I like … (我喜歡…)表達的是不同的意思。
I’d like some coffee. 我要一些咖啡。
I like coffee. 我喜歡咖啡。
Would you like some coffee? 你要來些咖啡嗎？
Do you like coffee? 你喜歡咖啡嗎？
I’d like=I would like =I want 是比較客氣的表達我想要的方式。點餐的時候也可以說I’d like a salad. 或I’ll have a salad. 或 Can I have a salad?
Would you like … ? = Do you want … ?可以用來詢問對方的意願。後面可加名詞或加to再加動詞原型。
Would you like + N?
Would you like to + V1?
如:Would you like some tea?
Yes, please. / No, thanks.
Would you like to see a movie with me after class?
Yes, I’d like to.
I’d like to, but I have to visit my parents.
E. Eating habits
Find someone who ….. Name Notes
- didn’t have breakfast this morning.
- needs to drink coffee every morning.
- had a delicious dinner last night.
- likes to eat noodles or pasta.
- eats a lot of garlic or hot pepper.
- can’t eat shellfish.
- thinks chocolate is good for your health.
- was a picky eater as a child.
- is or was vegetarian.
- would like to eat something right now!
E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.4
F. Food Questions
- What do you usually eat for breakfast?I often have a hamburger and coffee.
- How many servings of fruits or vegetables do you eat each day?I eat more than five servings.
- How much junk food do you eat? I eat very little junk food.
- How often do you eat out? I eat out every day.
- How many cups of coffee do you drink every day? I don’t drink coffee.
- How often do you eat fruit? I seldom eat fruit but I drink a lot of juice.
- Do you eat a lot of vegetables?Not really. I don’t eat vegetables very often because I always eat out.
- What do you drink every day? I drink coffee, tea, soda, and water.
- Do you prefer rice or noodles? I prefer noodles.
- Where do you eat lunch? I eat lunch in the office with my coworkers.
- Do you eat a lot of meat? Yes, I eat meat in almost every meal.
- Where can you get the best seafood?I can get the best seafood at Fuqi port.
- How often do you eat in a night market?I eat in a night market once a month.
- Are you a picky eater? What foods do you hate?Yes, I’m a picky eater. I hate bitter melons, green peppers, and carrots.
- How many times a day do you eat? Do you ever skip meals?I eat four or five times a day. I sometimes skip breakfast when I’m in a hurry.
- In your opinions, what foods are good for you? What foods aren’t?Fruit and vegetables are good for me. French fries and fried chicken are bad for me.
- Do you have any bad eating habits? What are they?Yes, I have a bad eating habit. I like to eat in front of the TV.
- How often do you eat dinner with your family?I eat dinner with my family every weekend.
- Who cooks dinner for you? My father cooks dinner.
- Do you eat late night snacks? What do you eat?Yes, I often eat instant noodles when I stay up late.
- . Are you allergic to any kinds of food? What kinds?Yes, I’m allergic to seafood. / No, I’m not allergic to any kinds of food.
E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.5
G. 情態助動詞 modal verbs
客氣的請求 polite request
a. 表客氣的請求時或請求允許時，以I為主詞時，可用may, could, can 或might.
May I borrow your pen? (客氣)
Could I have something for a sore throat? (客氣)
Can I get you a drink? (朋友間，非正式)
Might I close the door? (非常正式，不常用)
可能回答: Certainly. / Yes, certainly. / Of course. / Yes, of course. / Sure.
b. 表達客氣的請求，以 you 為主詞時，可用would, will, could, can。
Would you turn down the music? (客氣)
Will you pass me the salt? (客氣)
Could you sign it here? (客氣)
Can you get me an Apple Daily newspaper? (朋友間，非正式)
回答可能為 Yes, I’d be happy to. / Certainly. / Sure.
H. Translation 翻譯
E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.6
H. Useful Expressions
- Lock the door, please. 請把門鎖上
- A: Can I come in?
B: Yes, but lock the door, please.
- I’m so thirsty. 我口好渴
A: Want to eat something?
B: No, I’m so thirsty.
- I don’t feel well. 我不舒服
A: You look weak.
B: I don’t feel well.
- I’ll do my best. 我盡量；我盡力
A: Please help me.
B: I’ll do my best.
- Are you ready? 準備好了嗎？
A: Are you ready?
B: Yes, let’s go.
- I can’t imagine.
A: The apple was bigger than my hand. 我不能想像
B: I can’t imagine.
- It’s such bad luck. 真倒楣！
A: It’s such bad luck.
B: What’s wrong?
- You are so mean. 你好兇
A: Get out of here.
B: You are so mean.
- I’ll accompany you. 我陪你
A: I don’t want to go alone.
B: I’ll accompany you.
- Along the way 順便
A: Will you buy some drinks along the way?
B: No problem.
E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.8
Tactics for Listening Developing Unit 5 Restaurants
3. Let’s Listen (Page 19)
A: What would you like to order?
B: I think I’ll have the fish.
A: Okay, and would you like asparagus or a baked potato?
B: I’ll have the asparagus. And could I have some tea, please?
B: Oh! Could you ask the chef to hurry? I’m really starving.
A: Okay. I’ll try to get it for you as soon as possible.
A: What would you like to order?
B: I’d like the steak, please.
A: Would you like baked potatoes or fries with that?
B: I’d like fries, please.
B: And make sure there are lots of fries, please. They’re my favorite
A: Have you made up your mind?
B: Yes, I’m going to have spaghetti and a small salad.
A: Anything else?
B: When you bring the spaghetti, could you bring me a bottle of hot
A: Hot sauce? Like Tabasco™ sauce?
B: Yes. I like really spicy food.
A: No problem.
A: What can I get you?
B: I’d like a cheeseburger, french fries, and a cola.
B: But could you make sure there’s no salt on the french fries?
A: No salt? Okay.
B: Thanks. I’m on a salt-free diet.
A: I’ll make sure there’s no salt on the fries. Don’t worry.
A: Are you ready to order?
B: Yeah. I’m just going to have some dessert. I’ll just have a piece of
A: Fine. With ice cream?
B: No, just pie, thanks.
B: But please don’t heat it.
A: You want it cold?
B: Yes. I hate hot pie.
A: What can I get you?
B: I don’t want anything to eat. Just a milk shake, please.
A: Sure. What flavor would you like?
B: Vanilla, please.
A: Okay. One vanilla milk shake coming up.
B: And please make sure they don’t add any sugar to it.
A: No sugar?
B: That’s right. I don’t like sweet shakes.
E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.9
潔西整理食物清單 Food List Jessie Lin P.1
A. 水果清單 Fruit List jessielinhuiching.wordpress.com
1. apple 蘋果 2. avocado 駱梨 3. banana 香蕉 4. bell apple/wax apple 蓮霧
5. blackberry 黑莓6. blackcurrant 黑加侖 7. blueberry 藍莓
8. buddha fruit/custard apple 釋迦 9. cherry 櫻桃 10. coconut 椰子
11. cranberry 蔓越莓 12. durian 榴蓮 13. grape 葡萄14. grapefruit 葡萄柚
15. guava 芭樂 16. honeydew 哈密瓜 17. kiwi fruit 奇異果 18. kumquat 金佶
19. lemon 黃檸檬 20. lime 綠檸檬 21. longan 龍眼 22. lychee 荔枝 23.mango芒果24. melon 瓜類 25. olive 橄欖 26. orange 柳橙 27. papaya 木瓜 28. peach 桃子29. pear 梨子 30. pineapple 鳳梨 31. plum 李子/梅子32. pomegranate 石榴
33. prune 李乾/梅乾 34. passion fruit 百香果 35. raspberry 覆盆子
36. star fruit 楊桃 37. strawberry 草莓 38. sugar cane 甘蔗 39. tangerine 橘子40. tomato 番茄 41. watermelon西瓜
B. 蔬菜清單 vegetable list
1. asparagus 蘆筍2. bamboo shoot 竹筍 3. bean 豆子 4. bean sprouts 豆芽菜
5. bitter melon 苦瓜 6. broccoli 青花菜 7. cabbage 包心菜 8. carrot 胡蘿蔔
9. cauliflower 花椰菜 10. celery 芹菜 11. Chinese cabbage 大白菜
12. cucumber 小黃瓜13. chili 辣椒14. eggplant 茄子15. garlic大蒜 16. ginger薑 17. green pepper青椒 18. bell pepper甜椒19. greens 綠色蔬菜 20. leek 韭蔥
21. lettuce 生菜 22. lotus root 蓮藕 23. mushroom 香菇24. onion 洋蔥
25. parsley 香菜 26. pea 豌豆 27. peanut 花生 28. potato 馬鈴薯
29. pumpkin 南瓜 30. radish大頭菜/白蘿蔔 31. scallion/spring onion 青蔥
32. seaweed 海帶 33. spinach 菠菜 34. sweet potato/yam 地瓜 35. taro 芋頭 36. tomato 番茄 37. water spinach 空心菜
C. 肉類 meat
1. beef 牛肉 2. pork 豬肉 3. mutton/lamb 羊肉 4. chicken 雞肉 5. duck 鴨肉
6. goose 鵝肉 7. turkey 火雞肉 8. fish 魚 9. anchovy 鯷魚 10. bass 鱸魚
11. carp 鯉魚12. cod 鱈魚13, eel 鰻魚 14. salmon 鮭魚15. sardine 沙丁魚
16. trout 鱒魚17. tuna 鮪魚18. seafood 海產19. shellfish 水生有殼類
20. abalone 鮑魚21. crab 螃蟹 22. shrimp/prawn 蝦子23.lobster 龍蝦
24.oyster 牡蠣 25. clam 蛤蜊26. mussel 淡菜 27. cuttlefish 烏賊28. squid 魷魚
29. octopus 章魚
E4B L9 Unit 9 Food you like! P.10
潔西整理食物清單 Food List Jessie Lin P.2
1. soda 汽水 2. coke 可樂 3. lemonade 檸檬汁4. milk 牛奶 5. milk shake 奶昔
6. Slurpee思樂冰 7. slush 冰沙 8. smoothie濃郁的水果/優格冰沙9. juice果汁 10. water水 11. mineral water礦泉水12. bottled water瓶裝水13.tap water自來水
14. coffee 咖啡15. espresso 義式濃縮咖啡 16. cappuccino 卡布其諾17. latte 拿鐵
18. macchiato瑪其朵 19. tea茶 20. herbal tea 花草茶21. oolong tea 烏龍茶
22. green tea 綠茶 23. black tea 紅茶 24. bubble tea泡沫紅茶
25. pearl milk tea 珍珠奶茶 26. alcohol酒精類飲料 27. beer 啤酒
28. cocktail雞尾酒29. red wine 紅酒30. white wine白酒31. sparkling wine 氣泡酒32. champagne 香檳 33. sake 日本清酒 34. brandy 白蘭地 35. vodka 伏特加,
36. whiskey 威士忌
E. 甜點 dessert
1. apple pie 蘋果派 2. banana split 香蕉船 3. brownie 布朗尼
4. chocolate cake 巧克力蛋糕 5. cheese cake 起士蛋糕 6. donut 甜甜圈
7. pop corn 爆米花 8. pudding 布丁 9. tiramisu 提拉米酥 10. ice cream 冰淇淋vanilla香草/chocolate 巧克力/strawberry草莓
Taiwanese Cuisine 台灣常見小吃點心料理潔西小整理
F. Taiwanese Breakfast 台式早餐:
1. soybean milk 豆漿 2. rice & peanut milk 米漿
3. Chinese omelet/egg cakes 蛋餅4. rice and vegetable roll 飯糰
5. steamed bun 饅頭 6. steamed meat bun 包子7. clay oven roll 燒餅
8. fried bread stick油條 9. boiled dumplings 水餃
10. steamed dumplings 蒸餃 11. fried dumplings鍋貼12. turnip cake 蘿蔔糕13. taro cake 芋頭糕 14. spring onion pancake蔥油餅
15. rice porridge/congee 稀飯 16. 100-year egg 皮蛋
17. salted duck egg 鹹鴨蛋
E4B American Headway 1 L8 Unit 9 Food you like! P.11
潔西整理食物清單 Food List Jessie Lin P.3
G. Taiwanese Snacks 台灣小吃
1. oyster omelet蚵仔煎 2. stinky tofu臭豆腐
3. oyster thin noodles蚵仔麵線4. fried rice noodles 炒米粉
5. Taiwanese fried chicken/salty crispy chicken 鹹酥雞
6. braised food 滷味7. chicken feet 雞爪 8. bean curd 豆干
9. pig’s blood cake 豬血糕 10. coffin bread 棺材板11. rice dumpling 粽子
12. Taiwanese crepe/spring roll 潤餅捲 13. grilled squid 烤魷魚
14. danzai noodles 擔仔麵 15. braised pork rice 滷肉飯
16. fried rice with eggs/chow fun炒飯17. rice with pork chop 排骨飯
18. lunch box 便當19. wonton & noodles 餛飩麵 20. beef noodles 牛肉麵 21. cold noodles 涼麵 22. plain noodles 陽春麵 23.pork thick soup 肉羹湯24. squid thick soup 魷魚羹湯 25. miso soup 味噌湯
26. tomato on a stick 糖葫蘆 27. beef pie 牛肉餡餅28. shao-mai 燒賣
29. Cantonese dim sum 港式小點 30. sun cake太陽餅31. nougat 牛軋糖
32. sticky rice cake/mochi 麻糬 33. pineapple cake 鳳梨酥
34. yolk pastry蛋黃酥 35. red bean cake/wheel cake 紅豆餅/車輪餅
36. spring roll 春捲37. small sausage wrapped in big sausage 大腸包小腸
38. betel nut 檳榔 39. Taiwanese sweet sausage 香腸
40. spicy hot pot 麻辣鍋
H. Translation 翻譯練習
1. 你要來些牛奶或水嗎？ Would you like some milk or water?
2. 我想要些果汁，假如可以的話。I’d like some juice, if that’s OK.
3. 有任何全麥麵包嗎？Is there any whole wheat bread?
4. 對不起，沒有，但是有些手工的白麵包。Sorry, no, there isn’t –but there’s some white bread.
5. 冰箱裡有多少雞蛋？How many eggs are there in the refrigerator?
6. 你的口袋裡有多少錢？How much money do you have in your pocket?
7. 可以請你把鹽遞給我嗎？Could you please pass me the salt?
8. 你的咖啡要怎麼喝？黑咖啡，不要糖。How do you like your coffee? Black, no sugar.
9. 我可以跟你借你的字典嗎？Can I borrow your dictionary?
10. 可以給我一個起士三明治嗎？ Can I have a cheese sandwich?