E2A L9 Unit 10 I can’t ice-skate very well. Jess P.1
A. Warm-up Questions 暖身問題
- What’s your favorite meat? I like beef and pork.
- What’s your favorite vegetable? I like broccoli and cabbage.
- What’s your favorite fruit? I like watermelons and mangoes.
- What’s your favorite drink? I like bubble milk tea.
- What’s your favorite dessert? I like cheese cake.
- meat [mit] 肉 2. vegetable [ˋvɛdʒətəb!] 蔬菜 3. fruit [frut] 水果
- drink [drɪŋk] 飲料 5.dessert [dɪˋzɝt] 甜點
B. Sports 運動
1. play golf [gɑlf] 打高爾夫球 2. play soccer [ˋsɑkɚ] 踢足球
3. play baseball [ˋbes͵bɔl] 打棒球4. play tennis [ˋtɛnɪs] 打網球
5. play volleyball [ˋvɑlɪ͵bɔl] 打排球 6. go swimming [ˋswɪmɪŋ] 游泳
7. play football [ˋfʊt͵bɔl] 踢美式足球 8. go bike riding [baɪk] [ˋraɪdɪŋ] 騎腳踏車
9. go hiking [ˋhaɪkɪŋ]健行 10. play hockey [ˋhɑkɪ] 打曲棍球
12. play basketball [ˋbæskɪt͵bɔl] 打籃球 13. go ice-skating [ˋaɪs͵sketɪŋ] 溜冰
14. go skiing [ˋskiɪŋ] 滑雪 15. athlete [ˋæθlit]運動員
C. Simple present with Wh-questions 現在簡單式Wh問題
WH word + do/does + S + V1 … ?
What do you do in your free time?
Where do you play basketball?
When do you go shopping?
Why do you study English?
Who do you live with?
How often do you swim?
注意，當主詞是who 或 what 時就不需要do/does，直接在who/what後面接第三人稱單數的動詞造問句：
Who/What + V-s ….?
Who cooks dinner for you?
What makes you happy?
E2A L9 Unit 10 I can’t ice-skate very well. Jessie P.2
D. Free time activities:休閒活動
1. chat online 在線上聊天 2. surf the Net 上網 3. play online games 玩線上遊戲 4. do exercise 做運動 5. sing at the KTV 到KTV唱歌 6. play mahjong 打麻將
7. watch movies 看電影 8. read comics 看漫畫 9. go shopping 逛街
10. hang out with friends 跟朋友聚聚
- What do you do in your free time? I hang out with my friends.
- Where do you hang out with your friends?
We go to Ximen a lot.
- When do you go to Ximen? We go there on weekends.
- Why do you go to Ximen? Because there are a lot of fun things to do. We can watch a movie, go shopping, and enjoy some street performance.
C. Present Simple Questions 現在簡單式問題練習
- How do you go to work? I go to work by motor scooter.
- How do you like your job? I like it. It’s very interesting.
- How long do you watch TV every day? I watch TV for two hours.
- How often do you do exercise? I almost never do exercise.
- How often do you play sports?
I don’t play sports but I watch baseball games on TV
- How often do your practice English outside of class?
I seldom practice English outside of class.
- How well do you dance? I can’t dance at all.
- How well do you sing? I sing pretty well.
- What can you do? I can swim, bake, and play the piano.
- What do you do in your free time? I shop online in my free time.
- What kind of food do you like? I like Japanese food.
- What kind of music do you like? I like rock and classical music.
- What do you do? I’m a student. My major is Math.
- What time do you go to bed? I go to bed at 1 or 2 a.m.
- When do you have dinner with your family?
I have dinner with my family on weekend.
- How do you relax? I usually take a long walk in the park.
- Where do you read the newspaper? I read the newspaper in the office.
- Where do you surf the Internet? I use my smart phone to surf the Internet, so I can surf the Internet everywhere.
- Who do you have lunch with? I have lunch with my coworkers.
20. Why do you study English? I want to study abroad.
E2A L9 Unit 10 I can’t ice-skate very well. Jess P.3
E. Listening What sports do you like P.66
1. especially [ɪˋspɛʃəli] 特別是 2. really [ˋrɪəli] 真的 3. boring [ˋbɔrɪŋ]無聊的 4. exciting [ɪkˋsaɪtɪŋ] 刺激的
A: What sports do you like, Lisa?
B: You know, I don’t like sports very much.
A: So you never play sports?
B: No, I don’t. Oh, wait – I do like tennis.
A: Oh, really? Who do you play tennis with?
B: My sister. We play a lot in the summer.
A: What do you think of football, John?
B: I like it. Actually, I like lots of sports!
A: Oh yeah? What sports do you like?
B: Let’s see. I like swimming and bike riding, … and especially baseball. It’s
A: When do you play it?
B: Every summer.
A: Do you like golf, Sue?
B: It’s OK, but it’s not my favorite.
A: What’s your favorite sport?
B: Hmm. I guess my favorite sport is basketball.
A: Really? Where do you play basketball?
B: Oh, I don’t play basketball. But a lot of my friends do, and I like to
watch them play.
A: Do you play volleyball, Henry?
B: Uh, no. I think it’s a little boring.
A: I see. Do you like any sports?
B: Oh, sure. My favorite sport is hockey. I really like hockey. Not that’s
A: How often do you play hockey?
B: Not very often – about two or three times a year. But I watch it a lot on
E2A L9 Unit 10 I can’t ice-skate very well. Jess P.4
E. Can 表能力
1. 肯定句：不論主詞為何，都用can 加動詞原型
S + can + V1
I/You/He/She/It/We/They can drive.
2. 否定句：在主詞後面加上can’t 或cannot
S + can’t/cannot + V1.
I/You/He/She/It/We/They can’t drive.
I/You/He/She/It/We/They cannot drive.
Can you drive? Yes, I can. / No, I can’t.
What can you do? I can cook, play basketball, and ride a scooter.
Where can we go? We can go to the beach.
How can we get there? We can take the MRT.
|Find someone who ….||Names|
A: Can you swim? B: Yes, I can swim. A: I can swim, too. + + = too
A: But I can’t swim. + – = but
B: No, I can’t swim. A: But I can swim. – + =but
A: I can’t swim, either. – – = neither
E2A L9 Unit 10 I can’t ice-skate very well. Jess P.5
F. Conversation I can’t sing. P.66 對話單字
1. talent [ˋtælənt]才藝 2. contest [ˋkɑntɛst] 比賽 3. enter [ˋɛntɚ] 進入，參加 4. practice [ˋpræktɪs] 練習
G. Listening I can do that! P.68
1. I’m a musician. So I can sing and play the piano really well.
2. I can cook really well – I’m a chef. And I love to take photos on weekends with my camera. I think I can do that really well, too.
3. Well, I’m an artist, so I can draw really well. I often do my work on a computer, so I can use computers really well, too.
H. Exercise 練習題
H. Exercise 練習題 Answer Key 解答
1. What do you do in your free time? I surf the Net.
2. What sports do you like to watch? Soccer. It’s my favorite.
3. How often do you go biking riding? I go bike riding about once a month.
4. Who do you usually go with? My sister. Come with us next time.
5. When do you start? We start about noon.
6. I can’t draw.
7. I can sing very well.
8. I can’t cook at all.
9. Can you dance? Yes, I can.
10. Can you play the piano? No, I can’t.