E4B L8 Unit 8 A date to remember Jessie Lin P.1
A. Warm-up questions
1. How was your weekend? It was great.
2. Did you do anything special? Yes, I went to Tamsui on Sunday afternoon.
3. How did you get there? I took the MRT.
4. How long did it take? It took one and a half hours (an hour and a half).
5. Who did you go with? I went with my friends.
6. Why did you go there? Because I want to see the beautiful sunset.
7. What did you do there? I drank some suanmeitang(sour prune drink), ate
some snacks, and took the ferry to Bali.
8. How much did you spend? I spent about $700.
9. How was the weather? It was sunny and hot.
10. What else did you do on weekend? Not much. I stayed home on
Saturday all day. I slept in, surfed the Net, and watched TV.
E4B American Headway 1 L7 Unit 8 How long ago? Jess Lin P.2
B. Irregular Verbs
- Did you sleep well last night?(slept)
- Did you wake up early this morning?(woke)
- Did you eat breakfast this morning?(ate)
- Did you take some photographs last week?(took)
- Did you drive your car last weekend?(drove)
- Did you ride a bicycle last night?(rode)
- Did you bring your textbook today?(brought)
- Did you drink coffee today?(drank)
- Did you lose your umbrella on the bus last month?(lost)
- Did you win the lottery?(won)
- Did you do exercise yesterday?(did)
- Did you give your friend a present last Christmas?(gave)
- Did you catch a cold last week?(caught)
- Did you feel terrible yesterday morning?(felt)
- Did you see a doctor this month?(saw)
- Did you read news online today?(read)
- Did you go to a party last weekend?(went)
- Did you think about me today?(thought)
- Did you have a nightmare last night?(had)
- Did you forget your key today?(forgot)
- Did you buy some clothes last month?(bought)
- 22. Did you tell a lie today?(told)
- 23. Did you write an e-mail today?(wrote)
- 24. Did you quit smoking?(quit)
- 25. Did you sing songs in the shower last night?(sang)
E4B American Headway 1 L7 Unit 8 How long ago? Jess Lin P.3
C. Past Tense Review
1. 肯定句：有一般動詞時用動詞的過去式V2 I came to class late.
沒有一般動詞的句子，要有Be2 (was, were) I was late for class.
2. 疑問句：有一般動詞用did造問句，動詞改為原型。Did you come to class late?
沒有一般動詞時，則用Be2(was, were)造問句。 Were you late for class?
Find someone who…
|took the MRT to school today.||was tired when he/she got up this morning.||was in class last time.||worked overtime last week.|
|chatted online last night.||was good at math when he/she was a child.||ate out last night.||was born in Taipei|
|was worried last week.||went to a wedding last month.||posted pictures on facebook last week.||brought more than NT$1,000 with him/her.|
|drank pearl milk tea 珍珠奶茶 last month.||took a shower this morning.||was at home yesterday morning.||came to class late today.|
E4B American Headway 1 L7 Unit 8 How long ago? Jess Lin P.4
D. 時間介係詞 Prepositions of Time
|at||a time of the day時間點(幾點幾分)||I usually get up at 8 o’clock.She starts work at 8.30.|
|at night 在晚上(特殊)midnight, noon,||Linda doesn’t like to work at night.|
|on||a day星期一至星期日前||I do yoga on Tuesdays.|
|weekend 週末||Tom goes hiking on weekends|
|a date or a holiday特定日期或假日||My birthday is on July 25th.|
|in||a part of the day一天中的一部分||We often go for a walk in the afternoon.Jessie usually works in the evenings.|
|a month 月份||Her birthday is in July.|
|a season 季節||They often take a trip to Paris in summer.|
|a year 年份||I was born in 1971.|
|a century 世紀||Instant coffee was invented in the twentieth century.|
|X||this, that, last, every, before等特定時間表達語前不要任何介係詞||I am busy this weekend.She goes dancing every Friday night.
Tom is going to see a dentist tomorrow.
- Are you usually at home _____ 7 o’clock _____ the evening?
- Do you sometimes work ______ night?
- What do you usually do _____ weekends?
- Do you usually go shopping _____ Saturdays?
- Do you go hiking ____ summer?
- Do you have a holiday _____ December?
- What do you usually do ______ your birthday?
- Do you eat breakfast _____ Sunday morning?
- What did you do ______ last weekend?
- What do you usually do ____ the evening?
- What time do you have breakfast ____ every day?
- How do you feel ______ every Monday morning?
- What do you do ___Saturday nights?
- What time do you get up ____ weekdays? How about weekend?
- Where do you usually go ____ New Year’s Eve?
- Do you stay up until midnight ____ weekdays?
E4B American Headway 1 L7 Unit 8 How long ago? Jess Lin P.5
1. What’s your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is Moon Festival because my family always have a
barbecue. Besides, I love moon cakes and pomelos. .
2. How do you celebrate Chinese New Year?
Not much. We always have a big dinner together on Christmas Eve.
After dinner, we go to my uncle’s place to play mahjong and chat with
our relatives. On the first day of Chinese New Year, we go to Longshan
Temple or visit relatives.
3. How do you celebrate your birthday?
I used to go to a KTV with my friends to celebrate my birthday.
However, I don’t really celebrate my birthday anymore.
|New Year’s Day 新年||January 1st|
|Chinese New Year 農曆新年||January 1st of the lunar calendar|
|Lantern Festival 元宵節||January 15th of the lunar calendar|
|Valentine’s Day 情人節||February 14th|
|Women’s Day 婦女節||March 8th|
|Tomb Sweeping Day 清明節||April 5th|
|Mother’s Day 母親節||the second Sunday in May|
|Labor Day 勞動節||May 1st|
|Dragon Boat Festival 端午節||May 5th of the lunar calendar|
|Ghost Month 鬼月||the 7th month of the lunar calendar|
|Chinese Lover’s Day 七夕||July 7th of the lunar calendar|
|Father’s Day 父親節||August 8th|
|Moon Festival 中秋節||August 15th of the lunar calendar|
|Teacher’s Day 教師節||September 28th|
|Double Ten Day 雙十節||October 10th|
|Halloween 萬聖節||October 31st|
|Christmas 聖誕節||December 25th|
|Chinese New Year’s Eve 除夕夜||December 31st of the lunar calendar|
A: When is Moon Festival?
B: It’s on August 15th of the lunar calendar.
A: What do people do on Moon Festival?
B: They have barbecues and eat moon cakes and pomelos. 柚子
E4B American Headway 1 L7 Unit 8 How long ago? Jess Lin P.6
Stevie Wonder – “I Just Called To Say I Love You" 潔西不專業翻譯
No ___________ to celebrate 沒有新年可以慶祝
No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away 沒有心型巧克力可以送
No first of _______ 不是春天的第一天
No song to sing 沒有歌可以唱
In fact here’s just another ordinary day 事實上，這是另外一個平常的日子
No ______ rain 沒有四月雨
No flowers bloom 沒有花開
No wedding Saturday within the month of ______ 沒有六月的星期六婚禮
But what it is, is something true 但是，這是，是真的
Made up of these ______ words that I must say to you 由三個字組成，我必須要對你說的
I just called to say _____________ 我只是打電話來跟你說我愛你
I just called to say how much I ______ 我只是打電話來說我有多在乎
I just called to say I love you我只是打電話來跟你說我愛你
And I mean it from the bottom of my ________ 我真的打從心底這麼認為
No _______’s high 不是最炎熱的夏天
No warm ________ 不是溫暖的七月
No harvest moon to light one tender ________ night 沒有豐收的月亮來照耀溫和的八月夜晚
No ________ breeze 沒有秋天的微風
No falling leaves 沒有落葉
Not even time for birds to fly to southern skies甚至沒有讓小鳥飛到南方天空的時間
No Libra sun 不是天枰座
No ___________ 不是萬聖節
No giving thanks to all the __________ joy you bring 沒有付出因為你帶來的所有的聖誕歡樂
But what it is, though old so new 但是這是雖然舊卻也是新的
To _______ your heart like no three words could ever do 讓你的心充滿了沒有其他三個字所可以表達的
April, August, autumn, care, Christmas, fill, Halloween, heart, I love you, July, June, New Year’s Day, spring, summer, three
E4B American Headway 1 L7 Unit 8 How long ago? Jess Lin P.8
D. 時間介係詞 Prepositions of Time
1. at, in 2. at 3. on 4. on 5. in 6. in 7. on 8. on 9. x
10. in 11. x 12. x 13. on 14. on 15. on 16. in
New Year’s Day
I love you