E4A L4 Unit 4 Do you like rap? Jess Lin P.1
A. Warm-up Questions
- How’s it going? Pretty good. / Not bad. / Not so good.
- Where do you go shopping? I go shopping in the night markets.
- When do you exercise? I exercise every Tuesday and Thursday.
- What do you eat for breakfast? I have a sandwich and coffee.
- Who do you do have dinner with? I have dinner by myself.
- What do you do for fun? I go to a KTV with my friends.
- What kind of movies do you like? I like action movies.
- What kind of movies do you dislike? I don’t like horror films.
- What kind of music do you like? I like pop music.
- What kind of TV programs do you like? I like news programs.
- What do you think of Discovery Channel? I think it’s very educational.
- What do you think of shopping channels? I think they’re boring.
- What do you think of horror films?
I don’t like them. They are disgusting.
- What do you think of rap? I think it’s the best music.
- What do you think of CSI? It’s very entertaining.
- Who’s your favorite actor/actress/movie star? I like Stephen Chow
- Who’s your favorite singer/performer? I love Jay Chou.
- Who’s your favorite TV host? I like Zhang Xiao-Yan (張小燕).
- What’s your favorite band/group/team? I like the Brother Elephants.
- Do you watch news on TV? No, I usually watch news online.
- Do you like Korean dramas? No, they are for housewives.
- Do you play online games? Yes, I play online games with people from different countries and sometimes we become friends.
- Do you download music from the Internet? Yes, I do that all the time.
- Do you listen to the radio? Yes, I listen to the radio when I drive. / No, I always listen to my i-pod.
- Do you like jazz? Yes, It’s my favorite kind of music.
20. Do you play a musical instrument?
No, but I would like to learn to play the guitar.
E4A L4 Unit 4 Do you like rap? Jess Lin P.2
C. Entertainment 娛樂
|1. horror films 恐怖片||1. classical 古典樂||1. game shows 競賽節目|
|2. science fiction 科幻片||2. jazz爵士樂||2. news新聞|
|3. thrillers 驚悚片||3. pop流行音樂||3. soap operas連續劇|
|4. westerns 西部片||4. salsa騷莎||4. talk shows 談話節目|
|5. action movies 動作片||5. rap 饒舌樂||5. cartoons卡通|
|6. comedies 喜劇片||6. R&B (rhythm and blues) 節奏藍調||6. variety shows
|7. love stories 愛情片||7. country 鄉村樂||7. reality shows實況節目|
|8. gospel 福音音樂||8. series影集|
|9. adventures 冒險片||9. rock搖滾樂||9. sit-com情境喜劇|
|10. drama 劇情片||10. dance music||10. documentaries紀錄片|
|11. war films 戰爭片||11. opera歌劇||11. National Geographic Channel國家地理頻道|
|12. animation 卡通片||12. reggae雷鬼樂||12. Discovery Channel
|13. musicals 音樂劇||13. blues藍調||13. Travel and Living Channel 旅遊生活頻道|
|14. disaster movies
|14. traditional folk music||14. shopping channels
|15. new age 新世紀音樂||15. music channels
|16. crime and gangster
|16. dance舞曲||16. movie channels
|17. historical dramas
|17. heavy metal 重金屬||17. sport channels
1. What kind of movies do you like? I like comedies and musicals.
Who’s your favorite actor/actress? I like Robert De Nino.
2. What kind of music do you like? I like jazz and classical.
Who’s your favorite singer/performer? I love Louis Armstrong.
3. What kind of TV programs do you like? I like Korean dramas.
Who’s your favorite TV host? I don’t have a favorite TV host.
4. What kind of sports do you like? I like baseball and basketball.
Who’s your favorite athlete? My favorite athlete is Tiger Woods.
E4A L4 Unit 4 Do you like rap? Jess Lin P.3
D. Pronunciation Intonation in questions英文問句的語調
假如是 Yes/No 問句句尾語調上揚，WH問句的句尾語調則是往下降。
Are you a student? Where do you go to school?
邀請別人一起做某件事時可以用Would you like to + verb?的句型。被邀請拒絕時通常會說我很想去，但是…，後面給一個藉口。可以用want, need, have to後面加動詞原型來敘述你的藉口。
Would you like to go out for a drink on Friday?
Yes, I would. / Yes, I’d love to. Thanks. / Yes, I’d really like to go.
I’d like to, but I have to work late. / I’d like to, but I need to save money.
A: Would you like to see a movie with me this Saturday?
B: Sure. I’d love to.
A: Which movie would you like to see?
B: How about “Shrek 5”?
A: Sounds good. Where does it play?
B: All the big movie theaters. Let’s go to the Ambassador Theater at
Global Mall in Chungho.
A: O.K. What time should we meet?
B: We can meet at 11.30 a.m. at the front door of Global Mall. Then we can
have lunch before we watch the movie.
A: Great! I’ll see you then.
B: See you.
1. go for a walk 2. go for a drive 3. go for a drink 4. go dancing
5. go shopping 6. go hiking 7. go to the hot spring 8. watch a movie
9. see a concert 10. eat in a restaurant 11. have afternoon tea
12. see the sunset in Tamsui 13. see the night views in Yangmingshan
14. watch a baseball game 15. sing at a KTV 16. do yoga 17. play basketball 18. play mahjong 19. ride a bicycle along the riverside
20. study English
E4A L4 Unit 4 Do you like rap? Jess Lin P.4
F. Tactics for Listening Unit 10 Entertainment
4. Let’s Listen (Page 40)
Listen to these invitations. Does the person accept or refuse? Check the correct answer.
Listen again. What is each invitation for? Circle the correct answer.
1. a. breakfast b. dinner c. coffee
2. a. concert b. a play c. a movie
3. a. coffee b. lunch c. dinner
4. a. a party b. dinner c. a barbecue
5. a. tennis b. a drive c. a trip
6. a. a walk b. a party c. shopping
E4A L4 Unit 4 Do you like rap? Jess Lin P.5
Audio script 4. Let’s Listen (Page 40)
A: Bobby, would you like to go out for dinner on Thursday?
B: Thursday? Oh, I’d love to, but I have to meet my sister for dinner.
A: Oh, well, some other time, then.
A: Melissa, would you like to see a movie on Saturday?
B: That sounds great. What time?
A: At 9:30?
B: All right.
A: Hey, Jack, let’s go for coffee after class on Monday.
B: Oh, sorry. I have to go downtown. I have an appointment.
A: Oh, okay.
A: Betty, do you want to come over to my house for dinner Wednesday?
B: Thanks. I’d love to. What time?
A: Around 6:30.
B: Okay. See you then.
A: Hey, Ralph, let’s play tennis on Sunday afternoon.
B: Sunday afternoon? I can’t. I’m going away for the weekend. Maybe some
A: Say, Jill. I’m going shopping Friday night. I need a new dress. Want to
B: Friday night? Okay, I’m not doing anything special.
A: Good. Let’s go after work.
E4A L4 Unit 4 Do you like rap? Jess Lin P.6
G. Useful Expressions
- That’s all right. 沒關係。
A: I didn’t mean to bump into you.
B: That’s all right.
- Is there anything wrong? 有問題嗎？
A: The boss was pissed off.
B: Why? Is there anything wrong?
- You’re joking. / No kidding. 別開玩笑了！
A: Did you know I broke up with my boyfriend?
B: You’re joking.
- And then? 然後呢？
A: You should take this form to the counter.
B: And then? What should I do?
- So what? 那又怎麼樣？
A: Do you know there is a new theater down the street?
B: So what?
- It’s alright. 還好。
A: How’s your steak?
B: It’s alright.
- I am OK. 我沒事。
A: Are you hurt?
B: I’m OK.
- Bon voyage. 一路順風。
A: We’re leaving for Boston tonight.
B: Bon Voyage.
- What happened? 怎麼了？
A: Lucy is crying.
B: Why? What happened?
- Come on! 別這樣嗎！
A: I don’t want to go to the party.
B: Come on! Don’t be shy.