- for後面加一段時間(an hour, three days, five months, a long time)
I lived there for six years.
I studied for 2 hours.
- in後面加一個特定的時間點，如月份，年，季節(January, 2010, spring)
We moved in February.
He graduated in 2009.
- on後面加一個特定的時間點，如星期，節慶，特定日期( Saturday, weekend, Mother’s Day)
They went dancing on Monday.
I had a big party on my birthday.
- from … to …表示從一個時間點到另一個時間點(hour, month, year)
between… and… 在…之間
They traveled in France from March to May.
I worked from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. yesterday.
From Monday to Friday, I get up at 7, so I always sleep in on weekends.
Between Monday and Friday, I get up at 7.
- 時間表達語+ ago 表示多久前(a week ago, seven years ago)
My family moved to Canada five years ago.
I ate lunch ten minutes ago.
- until + 子句（主詞加動詞）+ 特定的時間點 表示直到….
I lived in Tainan until I was seven.
He waited until she had finished speaking.
until + 一個特定的時間
We lived there until 1999.
not until 強調一直到某個時間點前某件事都沒有發生或結束
She didn’t get up until noon.
He didn’t show up for work until 10 a.m.
- then + 子句或句子（主詞加動詞）
I lived in Tainan. Then I moved to Taipei.
I lived in Tainan, and then I moved to Taipei.
- when +子句（主詞加動詞）+ 特定的時間點 表示當…
I started school when I was seven.
They had a lot of fun when they were in high school.
- in + 一段時間：表示從現在起一段期間後。在…之內。
I’ll meet you in ten minutes. 我在十分鐘後跟你碰面。
I’ll have the report ready in a week.
by + 時間點：表示不晚於某個時間點後。在…之前
I’ll get there by 9:00. 我會在九點前到。
I’ll have the report ready by Friday.
- during, before, after + 一段期間：表示在某段期間中，在某段期間前或後
We left before lunch.
We slept during the flight.
We returned after the concert.
- for + 一段其間
since + 時間點
I have worked for this company for three years.
I have worked for this company since 2007/ three years ago.