這是潔西最近在上Grammar Express Basic這本書從裡面整理出來的重點，很適合初級的同學看，例子都盡量簡單易懂。有說到比較級，最高級，形容詞與副詞的比較，還有一些練習，答案直接放在下面，有不懂或有問題的可以問我。
我的MacBook Air 買來後在Word裡面沒法用command c, command x, command p這些指令，我頭很大，所以後來改用Mac的Page寫，但是放到Google Docs跟Word檔案時格式大大亂掉，我都快暈倒了，又改了很久。後來想到朋友老公Jeremy教我可以到Word裡面去改鍵盤，成功了，耶！大大感謝Jeremy！大家有空看一下，或者用到有不懂的時候再來看一下囉。加油！我又要很忙去了！
對了，最後面有很多練習，參考了Fun with Grammar，Interchange, Touchstone跟其他課本。多多練習啊！有老師要拿來上課用也可以，請注明出處:)
A. 形容詞 Adjectives Jess Lin
I’m an happy English teacher.
It’s fun to study English.
I saw a handsome guy last night.
b. 有少數特定名詞如something, anything，形容詞會放在這些名詞的後面
In North America, brides wear “something old, something new, something
borrowed, and something blue” for good luck.
His face turned red.
I’m so busy.
I have a beautiful daughter.
She has two beautiful daughters.
B. 比較Comparisons:as…as （可以把形容詞改成副詞，用法相同）
- as + adjective + as 用來表達兩個名詞是相同的。
Jeremy is as tall as Michael.
2. just as + adjective + as可在第一個as前面加just來強調兩者相同。
My father is just as smart as my mother.
3. not as + adjective + as 用來表達兩個名詞是不同的，前者的程度不如後者。
My eyes are not as big as my mother’s eyes.
Tom is as tall as me.
Tom is as tall as I.
Playing mahjong is really interesting. Playing basketball isn’t as interesting.
The weather in Taipei isn’t as good as the weather in Tainan.
C. 比較級Comparatives （可以把形容詞改成副詞，用法相同） Jess Lin
- adjective + er/more adjective 形容詞比較級用來比較，表達兩個名詞的不同。
Tainan is cheaper than Taipei.
Taipei is more convenient than Tainan.
He is taller than his brother.
His brother is tall, but he’s taller.
My sister is smarter than me.
My sister is smarter than I.
long-longer, cheap-cheaper, old-older, young-younger, smart- smarter
nice-nicer, safe-safer, wise-wiser
big-bigger, hot-hotter, thin-thinner, fat-fatter
happy-happier, pretty-prettier, busy-busier, friendly-friendlier
careful-more careful, expensive-more expensive,
good-better, bad-worse, far-farther, a little-less,
many/much/a lot of-more
D. 最高級Superlative （可以把形容詞改成副詞，用法相同） Jess Lin
- the adjective+est/most adjective 最高級可用來比較三個或以上的名詞。
My father is the smartest person in my family.
2. 最高級前面一定要有the，後面常常會有限定範圍，如in the world, on earth,
Bill Gate is the richest person in the world.
Paris is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been.
This is the worst food I’ve ever eaten.
long-longest, cheap-cheapest, old-oldest, young-youngest, smart- smartest
nice-nicest, safe-safest, wise-wisest
big-biggest, hot-hottest, thin-thinnest, fat-fattest
happy-happiest, pretty-prettiest, busy-busiest, friendly-friendliest
careful-most careful, expensive-most expensive,
good-best, bad-worst, far-farthest, a little-least,
many/much/a lot of-most
E. 形容詞與very, too, enough Jess Lin
- very, too, enough這三個副詞可以用來修飾形容詞。
This cellphone is very expensive.
These shoes are too small for me.
That shirt is big enough.
It’s raining hard. The roads are very wet.
My new sofa is very comfortable.
3. too太…，跟not enough不夠，表示有問題，有狀況。
This cellphone is too expensive for me.
It isn’t cheap enough.
- enough足夠的，跟not too不太…表示沒有問題。
That cellphone is cheap enough.
It’s not too expensive.
- very, too放在修飾的形容詞前，enough放在修飾的形容詞後。
He’s in a very good mood.
I’m not too worried.
My life is good enough. I can’t complain.
F. 形容詞跟副詞Adjectives and Adverbs
She is wearing a beautiful orange dress.
I feel sick.
He speaks English fluently.
He’s a very good dancer.
They won the game easily.
He moved carefully.
friendly, lonely, lovely, lively, ugly, silly
Don’t be silly.
early, late, daily, fast, wrong, hard
He runs fast.
He is a fast runner.
It’s a hard question. (difficult)
They work hard. ( work a lot)
He is a good basketball player.
He plays basketball well.
G. 連綴動詞Linking Verbs
- 及物動詞後面一定要加受詞。如 I have a brother. 的have，後面一定要加受詞(名詞)。
2. 不及物動詞後面不加受詞。如Time flies. 的fly這個字後面不加任何受詞 (名詞)。
3. 連綴動詞是比較特殊的動詞，它用來連接主詞跟補語，補語可以用來描述describe或說明主詞。補語可以是1. 名詞 2. 形容詞 3. 介系詞片語
常見連綴動詞:be, seem, become, remain, feel, smell, taste, look, sound, get, go, turn
This is funny.
It seems impossible.
Tom became my best friend.
Despite the scandal, he remained president.
I feel great!
The food doesn’t smell good.
It tasted terrible.
The future is looking good.
That sounds exciting.
Let’s get ready.
I’ll go crazy if I have to wait.
She turned pale.
H. Use the clues below to make sentences.
Ex: Your legs are shorter than my legs.
your legs (short)
Math 數學 (interesting)
|the weather in Kaohsiung
the weather in Taipei (bad)
novels 小說 (funny)
new shoes (comfortable)
a dog (friendly)
Hello Kitty (cute)
|taking the MRT
taking the bus (fast)
a bicycle (expensive)
|reading a book
watching a movie (exciting刺激的)
|staying in a guest house 民宿
staying in a hotel (cheap)
|a chocolate bar
an apple (fattening讓人發胖的)
your mother (heavy)
I. Fill in the blanks with superlatives and answer the questions.
- Who has the ___________(big) eyes in this class?
- Who’s the ___________(rich) person in the world?
- Who’s wearing the ________(stylish時髦的) clothes in class today?
- Who’s the ____________(funny) cartoon character?
- Who’s the _____________(young) person in your family?
- Who’s the _____________(famous) person in Taiwan?
- What’s the _______________(bad) problem in Taipei?
- Who’s the ______________ (intelligent聰明的) person in your family?
- Who’s the _______________(happy) person you know?
- What’s the ______________(cute) animal?
1. Who has the ____biggest_______(big) eyes in this class?
2.Who’s the _richest__________(rich) person in the world?
3.Who’s wearing the ___most stylish_____(stylish時髦的) clothes in class today?
4.Who’s the ________funniest____(funny) cartoon character?
5.Who’s the ______youngest_______(young) person in your family?
6.Who’s the ___most famous__________(famous) person in Taiwan?
7.What’s the __worse_____________(bad) problem in Taipei?
8.Who’s the ____most intelligent_______ (intelligent聰明的) person in your family?
9.Who’s the ___happiest____________(happy) person you know?
- What’s the __cutest____________(cute) animal?
J. What is the most beautiful mountain in the world?
I think Mount Fuji is the most beautiful.
- Which city is ________:Tokyo, Moscow, or Hong Kong? (expensive)
- Which city is __________, Hong Kong or Cairo? (crowded)
- Which country is ________, Monaco or Vatican City? (small)?
- What is ________ river in the world, the Nile or the Amazon?(long)
- Which waterfall is _________, Niagara Falls or Angle Falls? (high)
- What is __________ ocean in the world, the Pacific or the Atlantic? (deep)
- Which lake is ________, the Caspian Sea or Lake Superior? (large)
- Which is ________: Jade Mountain, Mount Everest, or Mount Fuji? (high)
- Which city is _the most expensive ____:Tokyo, Moscow, or Hong Kong? (expensive)
- Which city is _more crowded_________, Hong Kong or Cairo? (crowded)
- Which country is __smaller______, Monaco or Vatican City? (small)?
- What is __the longest______ river in the world, the Nile or the Amazon?(long)
- Which waterfall is __higher_______, Niagara Falls or Angle Falls? (high)
- What is _the deepest_________ ocean in the world, the Pacific or the Atlantic? (deep)
- Which lake is ____larger____, the Caspian Sea or Lake Superior? (large)
- Which is __the highest______: Jade Mountain, Mount Everest, or Mount Fuji? (high)
Use the following riddle as a model to make your own riddles.
It is bigger than a baseball.
It is as round as the moon.
It is as orange as a carrot.
It is as hard as a melon.
It is not as sweet as fruit.
Answer: A pumpkin.
L. Choose from the list to write 10 comparisons using the either comparative or superlative forms.
1. bad 2. beautiful 3. busy 4. funny 5. good 6. handsome 7. messy 8. new 9. nice 10. noisy 11. old 12 quiet 13. rich 14. serious 15. short 16. tall 17. tasty 18. ugly 19. wise 20. wonderful 21. young 22. comfortable 23. interesting 24. happy 25. dirty 26. soft 27. sweet 28. attractive 29. slow 30. big
two fast-food restaurants
two famous people
two convenience stores
two brands of soda
M. Answer the following questions.
- What is the most dangerous neighborhood in Taipei? What is the most convenient? What is the most crowded?
- What is the most traditional place in Taiwan? What is the most traditional neighborhood in Taipei? What is the most modern?
- What is the most beautiful place in Taiwan? Have you been there?
- Where are the best hot springs in Taiwan? Have you been there?
- What is the most expensive thing you have? How much did it cost?
- What is the tastiest food in Taipei? Where can you buy it?
- What is the longest river in Taiwan? What is the highest mountain in Taiwan?
N. Comparatives Practice
How would you compare “A” and “B”?
|men||women||the city||the country|
|single life||married life||motorcycles||bicycles|
|TV news||online news||your father||your mother|
|London||New York||novels 小說||comics 漫畫|
|Japanese food||Italian food||summer||winter|
|talking on the phone||chatting online||McDonald’s||KFC|
A: How would you compare single life and married life?
B: I think single life is happier than married life. What do you think?
A: Well, I don’t agree. I think married life is much better because you have
someone to do things with, to share your happiness幸福 and sorrow憂傷
with, and to be there for you when you need him/her.
O. Comparatives Questions
- Are motorcycles faster than bicycles? Yes, motorcycles are faster than bicycles.
- Is Taipei quieter than Tainan(台南)? No, Tainan is quieter.
- Are guns more dangerous than knives? No, guns are as dangerous as knives.
- Are women noisier than men? Yes, women are noisier than men.
- Are you happier than before? Why? Yes, I’m much happier than before because my job is less stressful.
- Are your shoes more expensive than mine? No, I think my shoes are cheaper.
- Do you prefer the city or the country? I like the country better.
- Do you prefer the MRT or the bus? Why? I prefer the MRT. It’s faster and more convenient.
- Is Rome more modern than New York? No, New York is more modern.
- Is Taiwan bigger than Japan? No, Japan is much bigger than Taiwan.
- Is the air quality (空氣品質) in Taipei better than the air quality in Kaohsiung? I think the air quality is Taipei is as bad as the air quality in Kaohsiung.
- Is the traffic in Taipei worse than the traffic in I-lan? Yes, the traffic is worse in Taipei.
- Is today hotter than yesterday? Yes, it’s hotter than yesterday.
- Is chatting with strangers陌生人 online more exciting than talking to friends on the phone?
I guess so. I can talk to people from all around the world and get to know a lot of new things.
15.Is your bedroom cleaner than the classroom? Of course, my bedroom is much cleaner.
16.Is English more difficult than Chinese? Yes, English is much more difficult.