L1 Unit 3 Houses and Apartments Jessie P.1
|Unit 3 Houses and Apartments 辨識房子裡的房間，描述你的房子， 辨識家庭用品，比較房子||There is/there are， 地方介系詞||房子裡的房間， 傢具與家庭用品|
A. Warm-up Questions
- How was your weekend? It was great! / It was boring.
- Where did you go? I went to see a movie. / I just stayed home.
- Which movie did you see? I saw Mr. Popper’s Penguins.
- Was it any good? Yes, it was hilarious!
- What else did you do? I also had a big dinner and bought some new clothes.
B. Houses and Apartments
1. Where are these houses?
2. Are these houses like your houses?
3. Would you like to live in one of these houses? Why?
4. Where do you prefer to live, the country or the city? Why?
C. Rooms in a House
1. bedroom 2. bathroom 3. living room 4. dining room 5. kitchen 6. attic
7. stairs 8. upstairs 9. downstairs 10. elevator 11. escalator 12. fireplace
13. closet 14. front yard 15. garden 16. garage 17. swimming pool
Tell your partner about your house or apartment.
D. Discussion questions
1. Do you live around here?
Yes, I live on Zhongxia East Road, Section Five.
No, I don’t. I live in Sanchung.
2. Do you live in a house or an apartment? What floor do you live on?
I live in an apartment. I live on the third floor.
3. What’s your apartment/house like?
It’s not big but it’s very comfortable. There are three bedrooms, a
living room, a dining room, a small kitchen, and two bathrooms.
4. What’s your favorite room? My favorite room is my bedroom.
5. Why is it your favorite room? Because it’s my own space.
6. How much time do you spend there? I spend most of my free time
there and I sleep there, so I guess 10 or 12 hours a day.
7. What do you like to do there? I like to listen to music, surf the Web,
and chat with my friends online.
L1 Unit 3 Houses and Apartments Jessie P.2
E. There is / There are 句型
英文用have/has來表達人擁有什麼東西。多半用there is / there are 來表達什麼地方有什麼東西，單數名詞用there is 複數名詞用there are的句型。
What’s your neighborhood like?
It’s noisy but very convenient. There’s a night market nearby and there are two supermarkets, a bank, and five convenience stores!
|肯定句||There’s a beautiful park.
There’s an elementary school.
|There are two drug stores.
There are some good restaurants.
|There isn’t a gym.
There’s no bakery.
|There aren’t any movie theaters.
There are no convenience stores.
|Is there a clinic?
Yes, there’s a clinic.
No, there isn’t a clinic.
|Are there any bars?
Yes, there’s one bar.
Yes, there are three bars.
No, there aren’t’ any bars.
|How many temples are there?
There’s a temple.
|How many banks are there?
There are three banks.
Complete the following questions with Is there or Are there.
1. __________ a station in your neighborhood?
2. __________ any good restaurants?
3. __________ any convenience stores?
4. __________ a movie theater?
5. __________ a night market?
6. __________ any good places to go at night?
7. __________ a bank?
1. bakery 麵包店 2. bank 銀行 3. bar 酒吧 4. bookstore 書局 5.bus stop 公車站
6. bus/train/MRT station公車/火車/捷運7. clinic 診所 8. clothing store 服飾店
9. club 舞廳/俱樂部10. convenience store 便利商店11. department store 百貨公司
12. drugstore 藥局13. gas station 加油站 14. grocery store 雜貨店15. gym 健身房
16. hospital 醫院 17 hotel 飯店 18 internet café 網咖 19 library 圖書館
20 laundromat 洗衣店21 market市場 22 movie theater電影院 23 museum 博物館
24 music store 唱片行 25 newsstand 書報攤 26 night market 夜市 27 park 公園
28 parking lot 停車場 29 pay phone 公用電話 30 police station 警察局
31 post office 郵局 32 public rest room 公共廁所 33 restaurant餐廳
34 square 廣場 35 stadium 體育館 36 street vendor 攤販 37 supermarket 超市
38 swimming pool 游泳池 39 temple 廟 40 travel agent 旅行社
L1 Unit 3 Houses and Apartments Jessie P.3
單數：一個的時候稱做單數，前面一定要加冠詞如 a, the, this, my等。
two, three等，也可以用some, a lot of 或many。
a chair, a book, a plane, a meal, a university, a uniform
an apple, an orange, an hour, an honor, an umbrella
a red apple, an honest man, an old university, a yellow umbrella
stamp-stamps, letter-letters, camera-cameras, ticket-tickets
- 當名詞字尾是s, ss, sh, ch, x, z時，則加es。
bus-buses, class-classes, dish-dishes, watch-watches, box-boxes, quiz-quizzes
baby-babies, country-countries, city-cities, party-parties
day-days, boy-boys, key-keys, tray-trays
child-children, person-people, woman-women, mouse-mice
- 當名詞字尾是無聲子音如/k/, /p/, /t/,/f/時，加s後，應讀做/s/。
book-books, lake-lakes, map-maps, student-students, month-months
- 當名詞字尾是有聲子音如/r/, /n/, /l/,/d/等或母音時，加s後應讀做/z/。
car-cars, pen-pens, hole-holes, hand-hands, law, laws, day-days
- 當名詞字尾為/s/, /z/, / ʃ /, / tʃ /, / dʒ /時，加s後，應讀做/ ɪz /。特別注意發音時看的是最後一個音，而非最後一個字母，如place就是這一類。
bus-buses, house-houses, quiz-quizzes, dish-dishes, watch-watches, page-pages
L1 Unit 3 Houses and Apartments Jessie P.4
1. chair _______ / / 2. cup _______ / / 3. glass _______ / /
4. office _______ / / 5. room _______ / / 6. foot _______ / /
7. brush _______ / / 8. city _______ / / 9. church _______ / /
I. Everyday Objects
1. wallet 皮夾 2. purse 錢包 3. bag 袋子 4. key 鎖匙
5. credit card 信用卡 6. mp3 player 音樂播放器 7. earphones 耳機
8. scissors 剪刀 9. stapler 釘書機 10. clip 迴紋針
11. correction tape 修正帶 12. ruler 尺13. tape 膠帶
14. lip balm 護唇膏 15. cell phone 手機
A: What’s this? B: It’s a wallet.
A: How do you spell wallet? B: W-A-L-L-E-T.
A: What are these? B: They are scissors.
B: How do you spell scissors? B: S-C-I-S-S-O-R-S.
J. Furniture 傢具
1. armchair扶手椅 2. coffee table咖啡桌 3. lamp 燈 4. cushion 靠墊 5. shelf 架子
6. plant 盆栽 7. stereo 音響 8. refrigerator/fridge 冰箱 9. stove 瓦斯爐
10. oven 烤箱 11. microwave 微波爐 12. dishwasher 洗碗機 13.plate 盤子
14. fork 叉子 15. spoon 湯匙 16. knife 刀子 17. chopsticks 筷子 18. pot 鍋子
19. cabinet 儲藏櫃 20. single/double bed 單/雙人床 21. nightstand 床頭櫃
22. rug/carpet 地毯 23. curtains 窗簾 24. closet 衣櫥 25. dresser 梳妝台
26. mirror 鏡子 27. toilet 馬桶 28. sink 水槽 29. shower 蓮蓬頭
30. bathtub 浴缸 31. washing machine 32. balcony 陽台 33. altar 神桌
What’s in your living room?
There’s a sofa, a coffee table, a television, a lamp, and a bookshelf.
L1 Unit 3 Houses and Apartments Jessie P.5
K. What are some of your favorite places?
1. Is there a good place to sit and watch people go by?
2. Is there a fun place to spend a rainy afternoon?
3. Is there a cheap (but good) place to eat?
4. Is there a quiet place to go for a walk or a jog?
5. Is there a good place to shop for electronic products?
6. Is there an interesting museum?
7. Is there a neighborhood with lots of cultural events?
8. Is there a neighborhood with lots of interesting nightlife?
L. Prepositions of location 方位介係詞
1. in 在裡面 2. on 在上面 3. under在下面 4. in front of 在前面 5. behind 在後面
6. between 在中間 7. next to 在旁邊 8. above 在上面（不接觸）
9. across from 在對面 10. against 靠著 11. to the left of 在..的左邊
12. on the corner of A and B 在A與B的轉角
Where’s the CD? It’s under the table.
Where are the keys? They’re next to the cell phone.
- Put your hand in your book.
- Step (踩) on _______’s shoe.
- Put a book under the chair.
- Sing behind __________.
- Put your hands in front of your face.
- Dance next to ________.
- Put your handout(講義) above ______’s head.
- Put your finger in your ear.
- Walk behind ________ and pull(拉) his/her hair.
- Stand in front of __________ and make a funny face. (裝鬼臉)
- Kiss ________ on the hand.
- Hold your pen between your knees. (膝蓋)
L1 Unit 3 Houses and Apartments Jessie P.6
M. Review Questions
- How _____ people live in your home? Three people live in my home. I live with my brother and sister.
- How _____ rooms are there in your home? There are eight rooms. There are three bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, a storeroom and a study room.
- How _____ furniture is there in your living room? There is a lot of furniture. / There isn’t much furniture.
- How _____ time do you spend watching TV every day? I don’t spend much time watching TV, just 30 minutes before bed.
- Is there a balcony in your house or apartment?
Yes, there is a balcony in my apartment.
- Are there any cockroaches in your home?
Yes, there are some cockroaches in my kitchen.
- How many TVs are there in your home? There’s one TV in the living room.
- Is there a stairway in your home? Yes, there’s a stairway and an elevator in the building.
- Is there a closet in your bedroom? Yes, there’s a closet.
- How many convenience stores are there near your house or apartment?
There are four convenience stores.
- Is there a dining room in your house or apartment?
Yes, there is a dining room, but I usually eat in front of the TV.
- Is there a school near your home? Yes, there are two schools.
- Are there two bathrooms in your home? Yes, there are two bathrooms.
- Is there a dishwasher in your kitchen? No, there isn’t.
- Do you like to sit next to the window or next to the aisle走道?
I prefer the aisle seat.
- Do you know your neighbors?
No, I don’t really know them. We just smile when we meet.
- How much money do you have in your wallet皮夾? I have about $1,500.
- What do you have in your bag?
I have a wallet, two cell phones, two pens, and some cosmetics.化妝品
- Do you sometimes hide things? Where do you hide them?
Yes, I hide my money and bankbooks under the drawer 抽屜 in the closet.
20. Do you like to stand on top of Yangminshan and look at the night view夜景?
Not really. It’s spooky 陰森恐怖的 at night, I think.