E2A L6 Unit 6 My sister works downtown. Jess P.1
|L6 Unit 6 My Sister Works Downtown 交通工具，家庭，日常活動，星期||現在簡單式，時間介系詞|
A. Warm-up Questions
1. What time do you get up? I get up at 7.30.
2. What time do you go to work? I go to work at 8.15.
3. How do you get to work? I ride a scooter.
4. How long does it take? It takes 30 minutes.
5. What time do you finish work? I finish work at 5.45.
6. How do you get here? I get here by scooter.
7. How long does it take? It takes 10 minutes.
1. drive 開車 2. walk 走路 3. take the bus搭公車 4. take the subway搭地鐵 5. take the train搭火車 6. ride a bike騎腳踏車 7. take a taxi/cab 搭計程車 8. ride a motorcycle/scooter 騎機車 9. take the MRT 搭捷運
10. take the ferry 搭渡輪 11. someone gives me a ride 某人載我一程
1. grandparent 祖父母 2. grandfather祖父 3. grandmother 祖母 4. parents 雙親 5. father 父親 6. mother 母親 7. son 兒子 8. daughter 女兒 9. husband 丈夫 10. wife 妻子 11. brother 兄弟 12. sister姊妹 13. brother-in-law 姐夫/妹婿
14. sister-in-law 小姑 15. niece 姪女/外甥女 16. nephew 姪子/外甥
17. uncle 伯叔舅姑丈姨丈 18. aunt 阿姨伯母姑姑 19. cousin 堂表兄弟姊
20. relative 親戚
Show your family picture and tell your partner about your family.
There are five people in my family. I live with my parents, my brother, and my sister. My family and I live in the suburbs. My mother drives to work. My father is retired. He uses public transportation when he visits his friends. My bother takes the MRT to work. My sister rides a scooter to school. I take the bus to work.
- Who is this? This is my mother.
- How old is he/she? She’s fifty-five years old.
- What does he/she do? She’s a housewife.
- What’s he/she like? She’s kind and friendly.
- What does he/she do in his/her free time? She watches TV, goes shopping, and play Mahjong.
E2A L6 Unit 6 My sister works downtown. Jess P.2
D. Present Simple 現在簡單式
I get up at 7.30.
She takes a bus to school.
Honesty is the best policy. 誠實為上策。
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 日出於東落於西。
（ㄧ）一般動詞的句型為S ＋ V1 (V1指的是動詞的原形)
1. 肯定句 S ＋ V1 (第三人稱單數動詞後要加s)
I cook dinner five days a week.
My mother cooks diner for me.
否定句 S ＋ do/does not + V1
They do not eat breakfast every day.
He does not like Japanese food.
3. Yes/No 問句 把助動詞放在主詞前面造問句
Do/Does ＋ S ＋ V1
Do you live with your parents?
Does Tom speak English?
WH do/does ＋ S ＋ V1
What time do you finish work?
Where does Linda go to school?
How does your father like his job?
When do your parents go on vacation?
What makes your happy?
Who cooks dinner for you?
三、現在簡單式的副詞如：every day, once a week, always, usually, often…等。
E2A L6 Unit 6 My sister works downtown. Jess P.3
D. Present Simple 現在簡單式
talk-talks, learn-learns, read-reads, get-gets
- 當動詞字尾是sh, ch, ss, x, z時，則加es。
wash-washes, watch-watches, kiss-kisses, fix-fixes, buzz-buzzes
study-studies, cry-cries, fly-flies, try-tries
say-says, play-plays, pray-prays, pay-pays
have-has, do-does, go-goes
- 當動詞字尾是無聲子音如/f/, /k/, /p/, /t/, 時，加s後，應讀做/s/。
Laugh-laughs, cook-cooks, stop-stops, meet-meets
- 當動詞字尾是有聲子音如/d/, /n/, /l/, /v/ 等或母音時，加s後，應讀做/z/。
Read-reads, learn, learns, sell, sells, live-lives, know-knows, see-sees
- 當動詞字尾為/s/, /z/, /ʃ/, /tʃ/, / dʒ /時，加s後，應讀做/ɪz/時。要注意的是，發音時看的是最後一個音，而非最後一個字母，如dance就是這一類。
Miss-misses, buzz-buzzes, wish-wishes, match-matches, judge-judges,
英文字母的母音（vowels）為a, e, i, o, u，其餘為子音（consonants）。
無聲子音(voiceless consonants)：/p/, /t/, /k/, /f/, /s/, /ʃ/, / tʃ/, / θ /, /h/,
有聲子音(voiced consonants)：/b/, /d/, /g/, /v/, /z/, / ʒ /, / dʒ /, / ð/, /l/, /m/, /n/, /r/, /w/, /j/, / ŋ/
母音：/ æ /, / ɛ /, / ɪ /, / a /, / ʌ /, / e /, / i /, / aɪ/, / o /, / u /, / ʊ /, / ɔ /, / ɔɪ/,
/ aʊ /, / ɝ /, / ɚ/, /ə /
1. save _______ 2. work ______ 3. notice ________ 4. try _______
5. teach _______ 6. start ______ 7. buy ________ 8. fix ________
9. have________ 10. finish________
E2A L6 Unit 6 My sister works downtown. Jess P.4
E. Present Simple affirmatives and negatives practice
Make the following sentences opposite.
- President Ma speaks Japanese.
- Beckham is Taiwanese.
- My mother enjoys cooking.
- My father has a car.
- We’re tired and we want to go to bed.
- Ben goes shopping in the night market.
- They smoke and they drink.
- Linda works at home because she has a computer.
- He doesn’t go to bed early.
- I’m not interested in English.
- Tom isn’t happy because he doesn’t have a new car.
- We don’t’ take the MRT to school.
- She doesn’t want to get married.
- We aren’t busy today because it isn’t a holiday.
- They don’t work on weekends.
- He doesn’t do exercise at home.
F. Present Simple Questions
- Do you sing in the shower?
- Do you read the newspaper in the morning?
- Do you study English in the morning?
- Do you exercise every day?
- Do you like the internet?
- Do you have a computer?
- Do you have a cell phone?
- Do you have two brothers?
- Do you walk to class?
- Do you speak three languages?
- Do you ride a motorcycle to class?
- Do you work at night?
- Do you work on weekends?
- Do you live alone?
- Do you live in the suburbs?
- Do you live with your parents?
- Do both your parents work?
- Do you eat dinner with your family every day?
- Do you stay home on weekends?
20. Do you get up before 7.00 A.M. on weekdays?
E2A L6 Unit 6 My sister works downtown. Jess P.5
時間介係詞 Prepositions of Time
|at||a time of the day
|I usually get up at 8 o’clock.
She starts work at 8.30.
|at night 在晚上(特殊)||Linda doesn’t like to work at night.|
|I do yoga on Tuesdays.|
|weekend 週末||Tom goes hiking on weekends|
|a date or a holiday
|My birthday is on July 25th.|
|in||a part of the day
|We often go for a walk in the afternoon.
Jessie usually works in the evenings.
|a month 月份||Her birthday is in July.|
|a season 季節||They often take a trip to Paris in fall.|
|a year 年份||I was born in 1971.|
|a century 世紀||Instant coffee was invented in the twentieth century.|
|X||在this, that, last, every與一些特定時間表達語前面不要加任何介係詞||I am busy this weekend.
She goes dancing every Friday night.
Tom is going to see a dentist tomorrow.
- Do you sometimes watch TV ____ the morning?
- Are you usually at home _____ 7 o’clock _____ the evening?
- Do you sometimes work ______ night?
- What do you usually do _____ weekends?
- Do you usually go shopping _____ Saturdays?
- Do you go hiking ____ summer?
- Do you have a holiday _____ December?
- What do you usually do ______ your birthday?
- I do not eat breakfast _____ Sunday morning.
- What did you do ______ last weekend?
- What do you usually do ____ the evening?
- What do you only do _____ Sundays?
- What time do you have breakfast ____ every day?
- How do you feel ____ Sunday evenings?
- How do you feel ______ every Monday morning?
- What do you do ___Saturday nights?
- What time do you get up ____ weekdays? How about weekend?
- Where do you usually go ____ New Year’s Eve?
- Do you have a coffee break ____ the afternoon?
- Do you stay up until midnight ____ weekdays?
- in 2. at, in 3. at 4. on 5. on 6. in 7. in 8. on 9. on 10. X
11. in 12. on 13. X 14. on 15. X 16. on 17. on 18. on 19. in