E2A L5 Unit 5 What are you doing? Jess P.1
A. Warm-up Questions
- What time do you get up? I get up at 7.00.
- What time do you start work? I start work at 8.30.
- When is your lunch break? My lunch break is from 12.10 to 1.30.
- What time do you finish work? I finish work around 6.00.
- What time do you go to bed? I go to bed at 12.00.
|—||1:00 one o’clock||+|
|1.55 one fifty-fivefive to two||1.05 one-oh-fivefive after one|
|1.50 one fiftyten to two||1.10 one tenten after one|
|1.45 one forty-fivea quarter to two||1.15 one fifteena quarter after one|
|1.40 one fortytwenty to two||1.20 one twentytwenty after one|
|1.35 one thirty-fivetwenty to two||1.25 one twenty-fivetwenty-five after one|
|1.30 one thirtyhalf past one|
一個小時六十分，半個小時half hour是三十分。一刻鐘a quarter是十五分
What time is it? / Can you tell me the time, please?
Excuse me. Do you have the time?
It’s 7.00 A.M. = It’s seven (o’clock) in the morning.
It’s 12.00 P.M. = It’s twelve (o’clock). =It’s noon.
It’s 3.00 P.M. = It’s three (o’clock) in the afternoon.
It’s 7.00 P.M. = It’s seven (o’clock) in the evening.
It’s 10.00 P.M. = It’s ten (o’clock) at night.
It’s 12.00 A.M. = It’s twelve (o’clock) at night. It’s midnight.
有P.M.或A.M.時，整點就不要說o’clock. 如It’s 3.00 P.M. 唸做It’s three P.M.
E2A Interchange Intro L5 Unit 5 What are you doing? Jess P.2
C. Rising and falling Intonation 上揚與下降的語調
Yes/No question 語調上揚 Is she getting up? Are you sleeping?
WH questions 語調往下 What’s she doing? Why are you studying English?
D. 現在進行式Present Continuous
‘Where are the children?’ ‘They are playing in the garden.’
You’re spending a lot of money these days.
I’m having a party this Saturday.
二、句型為主詞＋現在式Be動詞＋動詞-ing ( S + be1 + V1-ing)
肯定句 S + Be1 + V1-ing
I am cooking.
My mother is working.
Tom and Mary are dancing.
否定句 S + Be1 + not + V1-ing
I am not cooking.
She is not working.
They are not dancing.
Be1 + S + V1-ing ?
Am I dream?
Are you sleeping?
Is he studying?
WH 疑問句 把WH疑問詞放最前面，再加上助動詞be 再加主詞，動詞ing
Wh + Be1 + S + V1-ing?
Where am I going?
What are you doing?
Why is he studying English?
三、現在進行式的副詞如：now, immediately, right away, right now, these days, this year, this week…等等。
E2A Interchange Intro L5 Unit 5 What are you doing? Jess P.3
D. 現在進行式Present Continuous
work-working, help-helping, call-calling, wash-washing
live-living, hope-hoping, dance-dancing, smile-smiling
lie-lying, die-dying, tie-tying
shop-shopping, sit-sitting, run-running, swim-swimming
然而當字尾為w, x, y時，只要加ing即可。
sew-sewing, fix-fixing, say-saying
begin-beginning, control-controlling, prefer-preferring, omit-omitting
英文字母的母音（vowels）為a, e, i, o, u，其餘為子音（consonants）。
1. carry _________ 2. tap ___________ 3. ride __________
4. win _________ 5. forget __________ 6. lie __________
7. try _________ 8. fly __________ 9. write _________
10. see __________
1. What are you doing? I’m talking to you. / I’m studying English.
2. What is your teacher doing? She’s walking around.
3. What are you wearing? I’m wearing a red dress and purple high heels.
4. Are you wearing jeans today? Yes, I’m wearing jeans.
5. Is it raining today? No, it’s not. It’s sunny.
6. Are you spending a lot of money these days? Yes, I am.
7. Who’s wearing glasses in this class? Tim and May are wearing glasses.
8. Who’s wearing a skirt today? No one is wearing a skirt today.
9. What are you doing after class? I’m going to the night market.
10. How are you getting home? I’m taking a bus.
F. Interchange 5 What’s wrong with this picture?
- Ellen is swimming, but she’s wearing high heels and a hat.
- Mark and Randy are riding their bikes, but they’re in a lake.
- It’s a hot day, but Mrs. Smith is wearing a coat, a hat, a scarf, and boots. She’s carrying an umbrella.
- A tiger is driving a car, and it’s wearing sunglasses.
- Mr. Frank is reading a newspaper, but he’s sitting on a car.
- Mr. Garcia, Mrs. Garcia, Gina Garcia, and Alex Garcia are eating pizza, but they’re wearing pajamas.
- A dog is eating pizza, and it’s using chopsticks.
- Bob and Lynn are playing tennis, but they’re using umbrellas. They’re wearing suits.
- Tracy is cooking on a television.
10.Peter is sleeping in the rain. / It’s sunny in the park, but it’s raining on Peter.
- Anna is running, but she’s wearing high heels. She’s carrying a briefcase.
E2A Interchange Intro L5 Unit 5 What are you doing? Jess P.5
Phonics L3 Blends Review Jessie P.4
|ch||/ tʃ /||ranch||chest||chin||punch|
|tch||/ tʃ /||batch||fetch||ditch||notch|
|sh||/ ʃ /||mash||shed||shin||gush|
|th||/ θ /||thatch||theft||sixth||moth|
|th||/ ð /||than||then||there||together|
|wh||/ hw /||wham||where||whiff||why|
|si, su||/ ʒ /||vision||occasion||casual||measure|
|ph||/ f /||photo||phantom||phrase||photograph|
|gh||/ f /||tough||laugh||rough||enough|
|ng||/ ŋ /||bang||wing||song||hung|
|nk||/ ŋk /||rank||pink||tank||link|
E2A Interchange Intro L5 Unit 5 What are you doing? Jess P.6
Phonics L3 Long Vowels Jessie P.5