WA L9 Unit 8 Definition Paragraphs Jess P.1
Write a definition paragraph. Follow these guidelines:
1. Choose a topic.
2. Brainstorm some information about the topic. What do you want to include? What do your readers know about the topic? What do they want to know?
3. Write a topic sentence with controlling ideas.
4. Write a few supporting sentences that relate to the topic.
5. End with a concluding sentence that restates the topic or makes a prediction about it.
6. If you use words from another source, put quotation marks around them.
7. Use adjective clauses and other variations in your sentences.
1. Moon Festival or a special day or period of several days in Taiwan.
2. Happiness or an emotion such as love or jealousy or a quality such as honesty or patience.