E4A Interchange 1 L7 Unit 7 We had a great time! Jess Lin P.1
A. Warm up questions
- How’s it going?
Fantastic! / Good. / Nothing special. / Terrible!
- What’s your typical day like?
Well, I get up at 7, and I eat breakfast at home. I leave for work at 7.30. I take the MRT to work. I start work at 8.30 and I finish at 5.30. I have an hour lunch break. I usually have lunch with my coworkers in the cafeteria. After work I go to the gym to work out for an hour. I always eat out. I am usually tired when I get home, so I just watch TV and surf the Internet before I go to bed.
- What’s your typical weekend like?
I like to sleep in on weekends. Sometimes I get up around noon; then I have brunch with my friends in a restaurant. After that, we go for a walk if the weather is nice. I often have a big dinner with my family cause we don’t spend much time together during the week.
some irregular verbs: do-did, have-had, go-went, get-got, eat-ate, drink-drank, buy-bought, ride-rode, drive-drove, sing-sang, spend-spent, forget-forgot, take-took, make-made,
1. What time did you get up yesterday? I got up at 7.30.
2. What did you eat for breakfast? I ate a sandwich.
3. How did you go to work? I rode a motorcycle.
4. What time did you start work? I started work at 9.00.
5. Where did you have lunch? I had lunch in a noodle shop.
6. What did you drink? I drank some coffee, tea, and water.
7. How much money did you spend? I spent NT$1,000.
8. What time did you finish work? I finished work at 6 P.M.
9. What did you do after work?
I went home, took a shower, watched TV, and then I surfed the Net.
10. What time did you go to bed? I went to bed at 1 A.M.
11. Did you have a good day yesterday? Yes, I had a great day.
E4A L7 Unit 7 We had a great time! Jess Lin P.2
|When did you last go shopping
When did you last surf the internet?
When did you last have a lot of fun?
When did you last do laundry?
When did you last buy something at 7-11?
When did you last ride a bike?
When did you last take a trip?
When did you last make a phone call?
When did you last take a day off?
When did you last drink coffee
When did you last eat in a restaurant?
When did you last go to a wedding?
possible time expression: yesterday afternoon, last night, this morning, last weekend, last year, last October, this June, two hours ago, five years ago, in 2004, when I was 20, …etc.
D. Conversation How was your vacation?
Don and Celia are talking about Don’s vacation. Listen and answer the questions.
- How was Don’s vacation?
- Where did he go?
- Who did he go with?
- How long was he there for?
- How was the weather?
- What did he do every day?
- How were the waves?
E4A Interchange 1 L7 Unit 7 We had a great time! Jess Lin P.3
E. Simple Past Questions
- How was your day? It was O.K. I was very busy.
- Where were you last night? I was at home.
- How was your last vacation? It was great.
- Were you away last week? Yes, I went to Tainan to visit my friend.
- Where were you born? I was born in Taichung.
- Were your classmates noisy earlier? No, they were quiet.
- Where were you last New Year’s Eve?
I was at the party in front of Taipei City Hall.
- Did you catch a cold last week? No, I didn’t, but my brother had a cold.
- Were you late for work/class today? Yes, I was late for work today.
10. Were you busy yesterday? Yes, I was very busy and tired.
- Where did you meet your best friend? I met my best friend in a party.
12. Did you go to bed late last night? Yes, I went to bed at 3 A.M.
13. When did you start your first job?
I started to work as a waiter when I was 16.
14. Did you do anything special last week? Yes, I went to a friend’s wedding.
15. Did you enjoy being a teenager? It was OK.
16. What’s your best memory from your teenager years?
I guess the graduation trip was the best.
17. What’s your worst memory from your teenager years?
I was bullied for no particular reason.
18. How did you spend your free time? I spent a lot of time in my best friend’s house. We listened to music and talked.
19. What was your favorite subject? I was Math.
20. Were you a good student? Yes, I was. I won a lot of awards.