E4A L11 Unit 13 May I take your order? Jess P.1
A. Warm-up Questions
1. What kind of food do you like? I like Chinese food and Thai food.
2. Do you have a favorite restaurant? How often do you go there?
Yes, my favorite restaurant is Dintaifung. I go there twice a month.
No, I always eat at home because my mom is a good cook.
3. What do you think of fast food? What’s your favorite kind of fast food?
I think fast food is convenient but it’s not very healthy. I like pizza a lot.
4. What kind of drink do you have when eating at a restaurant?
It depends on what kind of food I eat. Sometimes I drink wine or beer,
and sometimes I drink sake.
B. too, so, either, neither
中文表達對肯定句的贊同與否定句的同樣不贊同都是用“也”，英文的用法卻有不同，同為肯定時用too, so, 兩者皆為否定時用either, neither。
We can use so or too to agree with a positive statement.
S=subject 主詞 A= Auxiliary Verb 助動詞
Me too. = S + A, too. = So + A + S.
A: I love Taiwanese food.
B: Me too. / I do, too. / So do I.
A; I have eaten Mexican food.
B: Me too. / I have, too. / So have I.
We can use either or neither to disagree with a negative statement.
Me neither. = S+ A + not either. = Neither + A + S.
A: I’m not in the mood for Japanese food.
B: Me neither. / I’m not either. / Neither am I.
A: I can’t eat spicy food.
B: Me neither. / I can’t either. / Neither can I.
I like ______________. I don’t like __________________.
I can ______________. I can’t ____________________.
I’m in the mood for __________. I’m not in the mood for _____________.
I’ve been to _______________. I haven’t been to __________________.
E4A Interchange 1 L11 Unit 13 May I take your order? Jess P.2
C. 形容食物的形容詞 adjectives for food
1. healthy 健康的 2. greasy 油膩的 3. salty 鹹的 4. bland 味道清淡的
5. rich 含大量奶油與蛋，易有飽足感的 6. sour 酸的 7. sweet甜的
8. bitter苦的 9. spicy 辣的 10. delicious 美味的 11. vegetarian 素食的
12. unhealthy 不健康的 13. junk food 垃圾食物
D. Ordering a meal 點菜
raw/very rare/ rare/ medium rare/ medium / medium well done/ well done/ overcooked
blue cheese dressing/ Caesar dressing/ French dressing/ Honey Dijon
Italian dressing/ Thousand Island dressing/ Vinaigrette
What would you like? / What kind of dressing would you like?
How would you like your steak? / What would you like to drink?
Would you like anything else?
點菜時的句型可用I’d like … 或 I’ll have … ，或是Can I have …?
最好不要用 I want …。英文的want語氣比較強烈，有時會令人覺得不禮貌。
I’d like a steak.
I’ll have a cup of coffee.
Can I have a soup?
E4A Interchange 1 L11 Unit 13 May I take your order? Jess P.3
E. In a restaurant
1. order 點菜 2. take your time 慢慢來 3. would like 想要 4. steak 牛排
5. rare 生的(三分熟) 6. medium 半熟的(五分) 7. well-done 全熟的(十分)
8. anything else 還需要其他的嗎 9. napkin 餐巾紙 10 credit card 信用卡
A: A table for one, please.
B: Yes, sir. This way, please.
A: Here’s the menu.
A: May I take your order?
B: I need a few more minutes.
A: OK. Take your time.
A: Are you ready to order?
B: Yes. I’d like the steak, please.
A: Rare, medium or well-done?
B: Medium, please.
A: Would you like anything to drink?
B: I’ll have a large coke, please.
A: Anything else?
B: No, thanks.
B: Excuse me.
B: Can you bring me a glass of water?
B: And I need some napkins.
A: Just a minute.
B: Check, please.
A: It’s $2, 500.
B: Do you take credit cards?
A: Yes, we do.
A: Please sign here. Thanks very much.
E4A L11 Unit 13 May I take your order? Jess P.4
S + V1 + (time expression)
I work from 9 to 5.
She works five days a week.
They are students. habits, routines, facts
S + Be + V-ing + (time expression)
I am working now.
She is working at the moment.
We are having a party this weekend. Temporary action，action in progressive, future plans
S + V2 + (time expression)
I worked yesterday.
She worked last weekend. an event happened in the past
S + have + V3 + (time expression)
I have worked in Japan for ten years.
She has worked for IBM since 1999.
experience or action took place in the past but still relates to the present
G. Review questions
1. How’s it going?
2. What do you do?
3. How do you like your job?
4. Which job do you think is the most interesting?
5. What days do you get up early?
6. What do you do in the evening?
7. What do you do in your free time?
8. What’s your favorite color?
9. How much is your book?
10. How much are your pants?
11. Which subject do you like better? Chinese or English?
12. What kind of music do you like?
E4A L11 Unit 13 May I take your order? P.5
G. Review questions
13. What kind of TV programs are popular in Taiwan?
14. What kind of movies do you like?
15. Who’s your favorite singer?
16. Would you like to go out on Friday?
17. Tell me about your parents.
18. Are you from a big family? How many cousins do you have?
19. What are your classmates doing?
20. Is your father working?
21. How often do you exercise?
22. Do you ever watch TV in the morning?
23. How well do you speak English?
24. How long do you watch TV every day?
25. How good are you at sports?
26. What did you do last weekend?
27. How was your last vacation?
28. Did you go anywhere last weekend?
29. How did you get here?
30. Were you at home this morning?
31. Where your parents in the U.S. last month?
32. When were you born?
33. What does your father look like?
34. What does your best friend look like?
35. What are you wearing?
36. What’s your teacher wearing?
37. Have you ever been to Japan?
38. Have you done much exercise this week?
39. How many times have you gone out to eat this week?
40. Have you eaten Thai food?
41. Did you have a sore throat last week?
42. What should you do for a headache?
43. What should you do for a fever?
44. What do you do when you can’t sleep?
45. What do you suggest for dry skin?