E4A L12 Unit 16 A change for the better! Jess P.1
A. Warm-up Questions
1. Why do you want to study English?
I want to find a better job. / I want to study abroad.
2. How do you improve your English outside of class?
I download podcasts from BBC Learning English, chat with my friends in English on MSN and practice whenever I have a chance.
3. Would you like to learn another language? Why?
I would like to French because it sounds beautiful.
B. p.106 (2) conversation Catching up
Diane: Hi, Kerry. I _______ _______(not see) you in ages.
How _____ you _____(be)?
Kerry: Pretty good, thanks.
Diane: _______ (be) you still in school?
Kerry: No, not anymore. I ___________(graduate) last year. And I
______(get) a job at Midstate bank.
Diane: That’s great news. You know, You _______ (look) different.
________ you _______(change) your hair?
Kerry: Yeah, it’s shorter. And I ________ (wear) contacts now. Oh, and I
_______ _______ (lose) weight.
Diane: Well, you __________ (look) fantastic!
Kerry: Thanks, so do you. And there’s one more thing. Look! I ________
C. Changes in life
1. dye/perm my hair 染髮，燙髮 2. gain/lose weight 增加/減輕體重
3. get a bank loan/credit card 辦銀行貸款/信用卡
4. grow a beard/long hair 留鬍子/留長髮 5. win the lottery 中彩卷
6. improve my English vocabulary 加強英文字彙
7. start a new hobby 開始新的嗜好 8. wear contact lenses 戴隱形眼鏡
E4A L12 Unit 16 A change for the better! Jess P.2
1. What are you going to do after class? I’m going to meet my friend for a drink.
2. How are you going to get home? I’m going to get home by taxi.
3. What are you going to do after you get home?
I’m going to take a shower and chat with my friends online.
4. What are you going to do this weekend? I’m going to have a big dinner.
5. What are you going to do next year? I’m going to study abroad.
6. When are you going to take a vacation? I’m going to take a vacation in July.
7. Do you want to get a new job in a few years? Yes, I want to be a doctor.
8. What kind of future do you hope to have? I hope to get married before I am 30. I want to move to the country, have three kids and retire before I am 50. Then I hope to travel around the world with my husband after I retire.
9. What other languages would you like to learn?
I would like to learn French and Italian.
10. What countries would you like to visit? Why? I would like to visit Italy because I heard it’s very beautiful.
11. Do you plan to study here after this class? Yes, I plan to take a grammar class and a TOEIC class. / No, I plan to take a break.
12. What is something you hope to buy in the next year? I hope to buy a new car.
13. What would you like to change about your appearance? I would like to have bigger eyes. / No, I’m happy with my appearance.
14. What is a place you want to visit someday? I want to visit Green Island.
15. What is a city you would like to live in someday? I would like to live in New York.
16. What kind of job would you like to have? I would like to be a housewife!
17. What famous person would you like to meet? I would like to meet the Pope.
18. What are two things you plan to do next year? I plan to buy a new car and get married.
19. What are two things you aren’t going to do next year? I’m not going to change my job. I’m not going to move to another city.
20. What career goals do you hope to achieve? I hope to have my own company one day.
E4A L12 Unit 16 A change for the better! Jess P.3
E. 未來式 The Future with be going to
英文可以用be going to 來表示未來的計畫
肯定句 S ＋ be going to ＋ V1 ＋ (future time)肯定句
I am going to cook dinner tonight.
You are going to visit your parents next week.
He is going to take a vacation next month.
Yes/No問句be ＋ S ＋ going to ＋ V1 ＋ (future time)
Are you going to play tennis tonight?
Is she going to have a party this weekend?
WH問句 WH word ＋ be ＋ S ＋ going to ＋ V1 ＋ (future time)
What are you going to do tonight?
How is he going to get home
- 我們可以用be going to 或 will來表示預測或猜想
Ex: It is going to rain tomorrow.
It will rain tomorrow.
2. 也可用be going to 或will來談論未來將做的事
a. 用be going to來表示先前做的決定
Ex: What’s your plan for the weekend?
I’m going to see a movie this weekend.
Ex: What’s your plan for the weekend?
I don’t know. Maybe I will see a movie.
Ex: Don’t touch the dog. It will bite you.
- 用be going to來表示目前的事實所導致的未來假設
Ex: Look at those dark clouds! It’s going to rain.
Ex: The movie starts at 10 am. The bus leaves at 3.30 pm.
Ex: I’m having a party this weekend.
E4A L12 Unit 16 A change for the better! Jess P.4
S + V + to + V1 = S + V + V-ing
如：start, begin, love, like, hate, try, continue,
EX: I like to watch TV. = I like watching TV.
S + V + V-ing
如：enjoy, finish, quit, miss, feel like, avoid, consider, practice, mind, can’t help
EX: I enjoy watching TV.
S + V + to + V1
如：ask, decide, want, need, hope, intend, learn, refuse, plan, wish, promise
EX: I want to watch TV.
S + V + to + V1 =/= S + V + V-ing
如：remember, forget, stop
EX: I stopped to watch TV. 這一句是說我停下原本做的事去看電視。
I stopped watching TV. 這一句則是說我停下看電視這個動作。
S + V + O + V-ing, S + V + O + V1, S + V + O + V3 + by O
如：see, watch, listen, hear, feel, notice
EX: I saw him watching TV.
I saw him watch TV.
I saw him scolded by his mother.